Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbotax is only importing half of my Ally Bank 1099-INT's available when I compare them with the hard copies provided by the bank.

thank you @MarilynG1 for you reply.

Unfortunately I've stoped importing Ally 1099 with Turbotax in 2019.

The reason why I used to purchase Turbotax was to avoid the hassle of manually entering data. Since this was not possible I ended up choosing another service. 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbotax is only importing half of my Ally Bank 1099-INT's available when I compare them with the hard copies provided by the bank.

It isnt an Ally Bank problem. I see it with Marcus bank too. So seems like a turbotax problem. Whenever there are more than one accounts for a bank.

It's also a problem with importing 1099-INT from the Boeing Employee's Credit Union (BECU). Import worked great last year. This year it only imports one of my three accounts at BECU (I have checking, savings, and money market accounts).

The 1099-INT I download from BECU shows interest totaled for all three accounts on page one and breaks out the interest from each of the accounts on page 2. Last year TurboTax imported the 1099-INT and then created three entries; one for each account. This year only one entry for the first account is created. This problem can be fixed by manually editing the single entry to show the total interest (or creating two more entries; one for each of the missing accounts), but why doesn't the import bring in the interest from all three accounts?

This error could have been a big problem if I hadn't detected the omission. When will Intuit get this problem fixed? There's less than a month before taxes are due!!!!!

For this year, I'm doing both TurboTax and Credit Karma side by side. I think this year will be my last year using TurboTax. Not only Credit Karma got all the info correct, and it's free for both Fed & State!!

I agree that it's time to look for other tax software. TurboTax customer support is non existent, prices keep increasing, and there are bugs that never seem to be fixed. Not sure Mint is the answer though. Intuit bought out Mint, so it's an Intuit company too now. It may be OK for awhile, but it's likely it will deteriorate just like TurboTax has done.

boxerx12

Mint is not a tax software. It is more for budgeting.

That said, I agree with the sentiment. I am a tech guy, and I know that this is an easy thing to fix. If you are able to parse a doc once, you can parse it multiple times. And ONE tax software fixing it is easier than expecting ALL the banks already listed to fix.

My problem is TurboTax imported 1099-INT amounts for too many accounts: Not just our 3 accounts, but 2 additional accounts -- with different taxpayer ID #s -- for which I am the Trustee. It took a long time to discover this. How do I find the account # in TurboTax so I can delete the 1099s (& income) from these trust accounts???  (Amounts on the 1099s are identical those on our personal accounts, so we need to find the account # before we delete a 1099.)

The issue with Ally Bank only importing the first account has finally been fixed.  All my Ally Bank 1099's imported properly this year!  So you can give this a try to see if it works for you as well.

I did notice that TT corrected the error with importing Ally Bank's 1099-INT.  Excellent!!  The only 'problem' was that the names of each account were different from what I had entered the year before (which were imported from last year).  So, I had to delete all the previously entered 1099-INT entries from the past year.  I will take that over manually entering all those Box 1's any day.  🙂 

Thank you!!

GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Which version of TurboTax are you using?  TurboTax online or TurboTax CD/download.  If you are using TurboTax online, when you are in Income & Expenses and scroll down to Interest and Dividends, do you see the 1099-INT amounts listed per account?  Or are the 1099-INT amounts combined into one entry?  

@1-for-you-19-for-me

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I used the CD version.  I noticed that it did properly import my data this year.  This is a big improvement.

The whole reason for buying TTAX is to import data directly. The solution provided is not correct. If I have to enter manually I can use lots of free service like Credit Karma. The issue is not with Ally Bank, it also occurs with Marcus. so it seems intuit needs to fix this issue. The CEO of intuit is sleeping on his job.

fredschuhmann
Returning Member

Importing is a problem if you have more than one account with a financial institution.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you give us detail about the issue you are personally experiencing?  @mazink

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The importing issue for Ally Bank is back this year. It finally worked for my 2021 return last year, but for my 2022 return its back to the same issue in prior years. 

Importing 1099 information from Ally is only picking up the first item on my 1099. If you have a money market account and multiple CD's. The 1099 lists the interest for the money market account and each CD on a separate line.  The issue is that when you import the information, it only picks up the interest from the first account. Which is my money market account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies