turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax a nightmare

I'm going through the absolutely worst experience with TurboTax.  Three years of purchasing TurboTax and it's impossible to get through to ANYONE by the phone, despite I've spent three hours talking to IRS and other government who cannot find the error for which my company tax return may or may not be rejected because TurboTax gave a VAGUE reason for rejected of my return.  How is this possible?

I'm still on the line and will have to hold AT LEAST one hour for someone is supposed to dig even harder to find an error.

WHY is TurboTax NOT available to customers for help?  How is this possible? 

It won't be next year because I will never touch another TurboTax product as long as any returns prepared.  NEVER AGAIN unless someone posts with a solution.  It's poison unless an "expert" posts.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

TurboTax a nightmare

I may respond to this as I hold on the phone with the government. 

Why so difficult?  A TURBOTAX PHONE NUMBER.  AN EMAIL ADDRESS.  INSTRUCTIONS TO GET HELP FROM TURBOTAX AS BIG TURBOTAX PROBLEMS HAVE MADE.

Yes.  I'm posting all caps because I'm yelling.

Keep in mind that if your return is rejected, is it possible that you made a mistake that TurboTax didn't catch WARNING you on your return and it posts a vague reason while your return is rejected?  YES!  Vague problems and no offer to help EVER. 

TurboTax CLAIMS to help because a return is rejected but there is absolutely no help available to TurboTax mistakes.

Keep your mind if you ever purchase any of its services again.  You'll eventually reject them.  They may already know.  It's about time.  TurboTax is a huge potential risk.

TurboTax a nightmare

Looks like I need to update this post.  I'm STILL on the phone line with the government.  Key point.

TURBOTAX HAS NO HELP.  No phone numbers.  No emails.  No help. 

Keep in that in mind.

TurboTax a nightmare

Didn't get a question answer from TurboTax?  Surprise?  No chance ever.  You are stuck.  That is TurboTax's response.  You purchase and if it doesn't work, you're stuck. 

The only thing you can do is still respond for your post and keep raising your question in the forum that people can see.  Maybe you'll get lucky with other people.  It won't be likely from anybody TurboTax, because:

TurboTax is a nightmare.

GabiU
Level 15

TurboTax a nightmare

@MumAndTwo This is not an ideal experience and completely understand your frustration. 

I'll send you a private message with the information I have. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax a nightmare

I wonder how many people think this forum might be helpful.  I don't think so, unless you keep posting replies to your post to get people actually SEE your post and might actually respond to someone respond. 

Usually, fat chance of a REAL TurboTax. 

I've lived more than a couple decades and have never experienced a horrible company experience.

Guess what it is?  TURBOTAX.  A bloody nightmare.

Post your reply to your question.  Good luck.

TurboTax a nightmare

I'm still on the phone with four hours of government, NOT TurboTax with one of their employees' experiences.

THIS is a TurboTax nightmare for giving out vague, incorrect answers to advise you why your form is rejected.  Flat out wrong by this company.  It answers VAGUE responses because the departments of TurboTax does not respond.

Want an answer?  Keep responding to an answer to your question so somebody might see it.  (No chance so far, though...I wish that were not true.)

But I want is a phone call for TurboTax.  Got one got it?

TurboTax a nightmare

Gotta tell you, if you post a question it will soon disappear.  Guaranteed if not answers quickly from someone. 

The only way evil TurboTax doesn't support is to let your question fall off the forum.  It was the only way to reach TurboTax.

I'm still holding on this on the phone for another government office that ISN'T IRS.  It was a person who first didn't help and didn't explain anything.  TurboTax referred to that person.

Unbelievable.  Post your response to your own question to MAYBE get your question answered.

TurboTax a nightmare

Now, after five straight hours on the phone (thank you TurboTax), it is now CLEARLY concerned that TurboTax is a BLOODY nightmare, since a tax return filed bounced for a reason that TurboTax left me a message telling me something COMPLETELY INACCURATE and sending me good bye and go to the IRS.

If anybody human sees this message you'll see others but that's sad because you're going to TurboTax.

That is not an encouragement.  This place as devolved into a disaster.  Never will want to use it again and BLOODY maybe for you. 

Best of luck to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies