Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax 2019 Crashing on Windows 7

The suggestion to change 'compatibility mode' to Windows 7 seems to have worked, perhaps.  I was instructed to provide the installation key characters with the CD in the drive.  Did so, and TT went ahead and updated itself all over again.

It did allow me to re-input information without crashing.  I have not completed nor tried to file, so we shall see.

Technical Support is apparently unaware that there is a fix(perhaps) for the 'dreaded Windows 7' (quoting the Tech), as no solution except online completion or new OS was made.

MarytheFilker
Returning Member

Mine stalled in the same place...I got past that, but now it's stalling on CA state mortgage info. Will try the solution the last poster had about Sompatibility.

MarytheFilker
Returning Member

I tried your solution and it worked fine for me! Thanks!

I was lucky. I noticed the problem after an update and was able to restore my machine using System Restore to get rid of the seemingly intentional bug. Then I turned off updates so I'll never be bothered by it again.

But seriously, how does it make sense to set compatibility mode for Windows 7 when it's installed on Windows 7? What this tells me is that Intuit has built the application to install now only with Windows 10 support. So basically, it appears that they created this problem on purpose. And the fact that it's STILL a problem tells me that they are not fixing it on purpose.

What a great company to do business with, eh?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies