Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo Tax SERIOUSLY needs to give us a DIRECT YES OR NO answer about this stimulus payment. Either us Turbo Tax Card holders will receive the stimulus payment DD or not.

Just keep checking the irs website every 2 or 3 days because when I first checked it said the April 15 now it’s saying the 24th smh once the 24th past it might say something else 2515CFFF-4EBE-4486-825B-9C79FD954455.png

Turbo Tax SERIOUSLY needs to give us a DIRECT YES OR NO answer about this stimulus payment. Either us Turbo Tax Card holders will receive the stimulus payment DD or not.

Ok what year are they looking at 2018 information or 2019 information because i have both card and am with TurboTax and every time i go to where's my money it dont say nothing is am putting in the wrong information the 2019 information or should i put in the 2018 information

If you filed 19 they looking at that if you didn’t file yet they looking at 18 

AceRag
Returning Member

Does anybody know why it is locking some people out for days?  It says I’ve reached the max amount of times and to come back in 24 hours but it has been 3 days

Wait 24 hours I believe if u keep doing it it will just keep locking you out I finally waited almost a day and got in finally 

@whitefrosty  - they are going by LOWEST income for the paper checks.  and that begins on April 24.  

<10k is week of April 24

<20k is week of May 1

On direct deposit, if you enter your banking information by a thursday, they will deposit the money buy the following Friday (8 days later).  Income doesn't matter

I agree 

For some odd reason I ended up getting the 1200 on my unemployment card but still waiting on the 500 for my child 

@JLP91   - any possibility the $1200 was unrelated to the stimulus? 

Check the IRS website to confirm the payment. 

you;ll get a letter two weeks after the payment is sent from the IRS confirming everything.

AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

No . I also checked to see if it came from my limit that unemployment gave me & it didn’t 

@JLP91  wrote:

For some odd reason I ended up getting the 1200 on my unemployment card but still waiting on the 500 for my child 

Will the child be no older than 16 at the end of 2020?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Yes 

@JLP91  wrote:

Yes 

Then the child does not qualify for the $500, must be no older the 16 at the end of 2020 just like the Child Tax Credit.  Year of birth must be 2004 or later.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@macuser_22 

@JLP91  

I think the response was misinterpreted...

the question was will the child be no older than 16 by the end of 2020 and the answer was 'yes' which I take to mean the child will be UNDER 17 at the end of 2020

here is the worst case scenario to obtain the extra $500:

- the letter you receive from the IRS may explain what to do if the amount you receive in is correct 

but if it doesn't, here is the other option:

• The stimulus payments are really based on your 2020 tax return (income, dependents, etc).
  • The IRS is using either 2018 or 2019 – whatever is available  - to ESTIMATE that payment
  • When you file next year there will be a “settle up” section on the tax return. 
  • If you are due more stimulus (and this would include a child that was missed or born in 2019 or 2020) , you will receive it through the 2020 tax filing as an additional refund (or an reduction in what you owe)
  • . If you were to receive too much stimulus, by law, you are not required to return

so all is not lost, there are paths to rectify the situation assuming the child was born in 2004 or later. 

AceRag
Returning Member

Has any one entered their banking information last week and have a deposit or deposit date yet?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies