Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo Tax Deluxe 2021 Won't Install

TT desktop, literally, does not install.  My problems is upstream from these solutions regarding TEMP/TMP.  Best way I can say it is if one goes to settings -> Programs and Features in Windows Settings there is no Turbotax.  While trying to install desktop TT 2021 I had a horrible time getting past simply simply specifying License Code.  When entering the 16 digit code wwww-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz I finally was able by eliminating dashes to the to the business of downloading TT, thing is, download immediately failed as follows:

Failed to ensure dir exists

c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Temp|\ckz.BAQV

The download ends right there and this is upstream from problems reporting an invalid entry in TEMP, as no entry is found in TEMP.  

I am about to give up desktop version of TT, so pls help if you can

ctmsnr

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Assistance with the issue you are experiencing has been provided by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

LindseyLo,

Thanks for your reply, but please reread my post.  My problem occurs immediately after registering TT and starting the download.  Before the TEMP/TMP value associated with TT are defined.  This confirmed in Programs and Features in settings.  There is no Turbotax.  

ctmsnr

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@ctmsenior Please follow the instructions here to contact customer support by phone to better assist you. 

Boboprf
Returning Member

SUCCESS!! Thank you for your expertise on this AND TT phone call reps should know about this as well, as I called twice without resolution.  Unfortunate Intuit hasn't acknowledged this error and made corrections/adjustments to help users through this. 

QuotaRio
Returning Member

Thank you so much, RIP Franklin!  I am not at all computer savvy but followed your instructions for the TEMP and TMP environment variables and finally got TurboTax Premiere 2021 to install.  Your instructions were clear and accurate.  Thanks again - very appreciative.

Thanks to Rip in Franklin

His knowledge solved my problem

Kaner
Returning Member

JD-

Thank you so much !!!!! This worked for me and I don't know what I'm doing. Your directions were spot on and it made my day.

Kaner

I had the same issue trying to install TurboTax Delux with Windows 10 Pro. I did many of the things that you mentioned in your posting, but nothing worked to get the installation to work.

What I finally tried and worked for me was to install the software switching to "Administrator" User and not my own user account that had Administrative privileges.  TurboTax Delus 2021 installed with no issues installed under "Administrator" User.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing this solution with the community @pmriggie.

This solution worked. Thanks so much.

Jamisohn

Rip in Franklin- Your solution worked great!  Easy-breezy!  Thank you so much...

Yes, this did work. Do we change back the C:/Temp after install?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@Rip in Franklin May be able to answer this for you @tpmolgaa

It's not really necessary, but it won't hurt. If you change back, just remember what you did this year if you can't install TurboTax next year! 😀

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies