Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT is asking me to annualize my "Other Taxes" to/for "Form 2210 Schedule AI Other Taxes". It gives me a total ($828), but doesn't tell me where that came from. Help?

Is there a way to get TT to link back to where in the tax program this number was generated so I can figure out the source of these "other taxes"?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

TT is asking me to annualize my "Other Taxes" to/for "Form 2210 Schedule AI Other Taxes". It gives me a total ($828), but doesn't tell me where that came from. Help?

Look at your Schedule 2, Part II, Other Taxes.

Or, look at Form 1040, Line 23, for Other Taxes, including Self Employment Tax. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks.  I was able to find it in Schedule 2, and traced it from there to Form 8960, where it derived from line 17 "net investment tax for individuals".

The real problem is that there seems to be no way to track this information down until *after* I filed my return and TT generated a .pdf file for me to search in.  It seems to me that what TT needs on *every* page of its questionnaire is a link to take the customer to the source of the number that TT is asking about.  Instead of being asked "How do you want to allocate this $828?", the question should be "How do you want to allocate this $828 that resulted from the calculation of these specific amounts that you entered here (link) earlier in the questionnaire".  TT is much too much of a black box in this regard.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies