turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pops

Transfer prior year data

I tried to transfer last yrs data to this yrs return,not only did it fail to transfer I can't open last yrs return either. error 190. I do this every year so I don't know what the problem is

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
bobauten

Transfer prior year data

I have used TT for about 10 years, but this year with Home & Business, the only thing that transferred from my 2018 Premier return was the personal info for my wife and I.  All of the partnership passive loss carryovers, partnerships owned, etc did not transfer.  Not even my 2017 refund carryover shows up in the 2018 TT.  It's like going back to year 1 - have to enter EVERYTHING.

Transfer prior year data

Sounds like an error happened.  I would open a new tab or delete the info and re-download this again.  Are you using the cd/download or the online edition?  Either way, delete and re-download it.  This is just my opinion    Hope this helps!

Transfer prior year data

Hi I would delete that & redownload the whole thing from last year.  Sounds like a glitch happened  GL!

Transfer prior year data

I am having problem transferring prior year data into my 2019 return.  I purchased new computer, and saved prior year file on my new one.   What do I need to do to transfer data.  I think I used online version of 2018 TurboTax last year.  Thanks

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Transfer prior year data

What type of data are you trying to transfer?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies