Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

This is definitely a Turbo Tax software workflow issue.

This delay is going to cause some major life adjustments for me and my kids while waiting through the IRS delays. The issue is ultimately our responsibility and thus we're all paying for the mistake, but I'm very disappointed in Intuit for overlooking this. I certainly hope for their sake that this is an issue across all payment levels, free file to super premium, or they'll be looking at some fines or worse.

I've used a tax-prep rival for the last several years and gave Turbo Tax another chance, but I'll most likely return the competitor. I doubt there's anything Intuit can do to convince me to use their service again.

Turbo tax has dropped the ball on thousands of customers, by not providing simple direction to Marketplace healthcare members. This is costing individuals and families stress, let alone the cost of paying for a tax service that is more a disservice.

I agree this is complete crap. Like you said a simple do have a form 1095-A would have been great TT.... I called the IRS yesterday when I received my letter and they said to expect a delay of EIGHT TO TEN weeks because of this. complete bull turbo tax. Never again. I have used TT for over ten years now, filed the exact same way every single year, and every year for the last 4 or 5 I have been infuriated with TT. To say you can file for free, let you get to the end of your return and then say Oh because you have this tax credit you have to pay for Plus. So then I waste $80 of my money to file my taxes with you guys, only to get royally screwed this year with not asking for this form.

Last year, I ran into this issue. I did have to submit a form to the IRS hand filled out, but thankfully as soon as I got the rejection, I completed this and my tax return arrived  by March 12th. It also ended up giving me extra. I was hoping this year we would not deal with this issue, but upon reading comments it looks as though we will. 

First of all, I can't print my return.  I tried to click where it said and I get nothing.  I do get an email saying my account was updated?!?!  When I try to click the link for my docs I get a message saying I should have spent 30 bucks for Plus to get online storage for my return.  For the first time ever I have no proof or copy of my return!

Then, I filed my return without it asking for my 1095A because I thought surely turbo tax knows what they're doing.  I assumed I didn't need to.  Then I find out a week and a half later that I need to amend my return, but when I click the link to amend it says turbo tax isn't amending returns until "late February."  I can't mail an amended return because I can't print my original!

The response by intuit in this thread is baloney!  They keep saying that since there was no penalty, they didn't have to ask if you had a 1095A.  But, they ask if I had interest income!  They asked if I had dividends!  It would have just been one more step.  I figured this was all a scheme by intuit to make people pay for their service, but apparently those that did pay have the same issue.  This is a huge let down by a major service like intuit.  I'm sure somebody screwed up big time on this, and I'm also sure they'll never own up to it or apologize.  I just got a new employer and they are rapidly expanding and their accountant was considering going to QuickBooks.  You can sure bet I'm telling them about this!

That's baloney!  As part of the process it asks if you have 1099s, when not everybody does!  Why couldn't it have been set up to ask for a 1095 the same way?

Print a copy of your taxes and send them with the 1095a and 8962 forms, like you would if you didn't file electronically, if you don't want to wait for the letter. It took 4 weeks for me to get a letter, as I filed early. Just be sure to send a letter stating that you filed electronically with TurboTax. You have to do the 8962 yourself, it's a worksheet to use to reconcile your advance premium tax credit. You may find that this will reduce your refund or that you will owe money... I ended up owing this year because I did not report a small raise last year to New York state of health for insurance which ultimately made me ineligible for a premium tax credit. If your income was reported correctly last year when you purchased healthcare through your state Marketplace, you may not owe. But we do have to  fill out the 8962 and file it along with our 1095a.

knehr

I'm so bugged by this. Does anyone know if we have to pay more to amend it once we get the tax letter or once "late February" arrives and we can amend online?

You have to fill out form 8962, make a copy of your 1095A and mail or fax it with the copy of the letter you’ve received (or will receive) from the IRS. I had to also mail the second page of my 1040 because my return $ amount changed after I entered my info from my 1095A. TurboTax really messed up this year. I am not happy.

Good luck with faxing, I've been trying for days.... thanks again TT for royally screwing us on getting our refund on time! 

This post explains how TurboTax Premium handles Obamacare Exchanges.

Good job.

If I knew how, I would mark as "Best Answer"

Casey15 I just mailed mine. Hopefully the post won’t lose it!

I have not received any premium tax credit, should I still expect them to ask for my 1095A? (Turbo did the same to me)

So what I gather from reading this is NOT to wait to file an amended return through Intuit.  I should expect a letter asking for the 1095A and 8962 filled out and mail/fax to IRS.  Looking at the form and lengthy instructions, this is really a lot of extra time that I was hoping to save with Turbotax. 

Intuit should be aware of this and should be helping with info, but they will hide rather than admit there was a mistake.  I want to know why an amended, 1040-X, return is not the better route when they finally allow it on the website.

Just got my letter today and I am super MAD! I switched to Turbo Tax this year after doing my taxes online with TaxAct for years. BAD mistake!!!! The least Turbo Tax could do is refund our filing fees they charged.  Then to add to it, we have to wait until late February to get access to the form. I am so upset, but what can you do at this point???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies