Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dket
Level 2

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

I have the same issue. I still cannot e-file as of 1/30/24. Have you been able to e-file yet. 

Nope

There are more updates from Intuit employees in this thread:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/can-t-e-file-schedule-c/00/3134801/page/...

Basically it is slated to be fixed by 1/31, but wait until 2/1 to try.

I have 1099 nec and rental property 1099misc I took rental property 1099 off and added 1099 nec under income 1099 forms and I could have filed but didn't because I have 40,000. On a 1099 misc for my rentals from the state because I have sec8 properties so I gotta file the self employment way so I put everything back and just gotta wait because I need business deduction or I'm gonna owe because I'm retired and only get a 1099 for my pension.

solarkarl

OK, so 1/29 has come and gone...error message is still there. I went through the list of efile not-ready forms, and found 2 that were in my return that I did not need., energy credit and electric vehicle, so I deleted those forms, but still have the error...is there a refresh or reload needed in TT desktop?

Absolutely not and my return does not include any of the not ready yet forms.

According to TT, this bug is supposed to be fixed on 1/31 and we should be able to file with Schedule C's on 2/1, guess I will wait till then.

I've been getting same messages  for 3 days, I've done everything I know to do re installing program to downloading it off turbo tax ,,I still get same messages some forms cant be efiled ect. I've used same program for 15 yrs no problems 

Yes, I efiled yesterday after deleting Sched C form that was a hold-over from last year.

I found another post with a link to supported forms and found a BUNCH OF FORMS NOT EFILE SUPPORTED... the ones I noted were 5695, 8283, 8911, 8915, 8936  but there were lots more.

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

DJHarris

I cleared my cache as suggested and waited until today (1/30/2024) to try and e-file and I still get the same error message. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you forms are the problem.

Home and business, for 15 yrs ,almost identical return as last year! Will not let me file .says I must print and mail ! WHO DOES THAT THESE DAYS.

Thanks for the very thorought response, much appreciated.! However, it's now January 30th and I'm still receiving the same message. My rTurbo Tax eview shows no issues and ready to file. So what can the problem be this time around?

We shall see I guess, very unprofessional of TT

charitable contributions, disaster distributions, energy credits, and a lot more forms are NOT EFILE SUPPORTED YET

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

8283, 8915, 8911, 8936, 5695

Thanks for the response and analysis! I'm self-employed as well and selected the Qualified Business Income (QBI) option for all 3 business, and wondering if I deslect the QBI option, would this fix the problem, and would my refund be any less?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies