Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

John: I think this is more than 7206. I don't have or need form 7206 as it doesn't apply to our situation. The only way that would let me e-file was if I deleted by 1099-NEC income from my wife's work entirely. None of the forms we need are listed as unavailable for e-file nor are they listed as not being ready yet. The 7206 is an added delay those in your situation, but does not appear to be a root cause.

VolvoGirl  - -  Thanks for your post.  Was it in response to my post just above?

John

It's 1/29 now and I cant efile. This is BS. The TTAX expert answers don t work either. I have always efiled and had no issues. TTAX is now a useless POS like so many other software products. 

TT you should have plenty to go on just from this thread. Hopefully this is fixed in the next 48 hours. It is obviously some kind of coding error by the programmers and it was not tested properly because it is is a very common Sch. C or NEC income issue then it should have been caught easily.

I waited and still can’t file. I think it’s a problem with the schedule C

this is unbelievable.  posts on here from weeks ago and just now getting "escalated to the top".   Where do I send my request for refund form? 

I'm using Turbo Tax Deluxe.

Just a regular employee, file jointly like every year with my wife.  No side income, no 1099-NEC, etc. or Schedule C.

But get the error this year I cannot E-file these returns.  The only thing I can think of is the salary.

I used Turbotax for my inlaws that are in Alabama and they combined make less than 6 figures - I can efile them.

However, I can't efile my Florida taxes and I make slightly over 6 figures.

What's going on Turbotax?  I'll ask for a refund from Amazon if you don't fix it.

angiinkc1
Returning Member

I am getting the same error.  I noticed that for my 1099 NEC that no value is showing even though I put a value in there.  I wonder if that is causing part of the problem.

It's the 29th and I am still getting the same error message that I cannot efile due to certain forms.  Will this issue be resolved or do I need to purchase other tax software that I can efile on?  Since TurboTax refuse to be proactive and provide information on this issue, this could really be my last year purchasing their products.  This really sucks.

I cannot e-file and am also using TT Deluxe. I do not have or need form 7206 and therefore this may not be the problem. All the TT reviews and checks in my return indicate everything is fine: no errors and no new forms pending release. As other customers in this thread, I get the message "This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed, usually because of tax regulations, so you'll need to print and file by mail. For more details, select the Review tab, above, and continue through Final Review"  Unfortunately, selecting the review Tab and continuing to filing review DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY DETAILS.

I have use TT for more than 20 years and do not wish to file via regular mail, which defeats the purpose of early filing.

The initial explanation given was that the e-file receive date by IRS would be until 1/29 (today) and asked customers to e-file until then. The current explanation seems to be related to Schedule C (1099-NEC specifically). Although TurboTax has not yet acknowledged this as the specific source of the problem, they have stated they are working on "the issue" and asking for customers' patience.

I suspect a very large number of users are having the same problem and hope TT leadership understands the priority of releasing an update promptly.

Yeah My 1099 did the same thing it shows $0 even though i put in a value twice.

I am a mechanical engineer and I know if I release a defective product I get fired and if an electrical engineer releases a defective design they would get fired as well but for some reason the technology industry has determined that software engineers can F**k up an entire product and that's ok. Everything we do on phones, tablets and computers are impacted by software engineer screw ups. every time a web site doesn't work, form or online payment doesn't work its because of some software engineer. They are the cause of everyday frustration because of their completely defective work.

I have the same issue, how did you resolve this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The most infuriating part about this whole thing is the reason we have to use this software at all is because Intuit spends millions lobbying the US Government to keep it this way. Never giving a dime to Intuit again. Should be shut down.

Having the same trouble. So frustrating. 

I have used Turbo tax for years and I don't have anything new this year.  It says I have forms that prevent me from efiling this year.  I am not doing anything I haven't done for years. It doesn't say which forms either

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies