Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

It's not looking good for TT , I'm not sure they know what is going on. Very un Professional 

I found a very simple solution: I bought the deluxe version of H&R Blocks software and got an instant download. It took me about an hour and I am all done and have E-filed with no issues. My middle finger is up to TurboTax and now I will be an H&R Block tax software customer. 

Now  I will request a refund from Amazon for TTAX.

Awesome , does past years returns transfer? Or did you have to manually add everything.  Either way it sounds like a good plan. Thanks 

I'm avoiding the route of completely doing my taxes via a different product at least for now. In the past, I have had a horrible time trying to get software refunds on Amazon. Maybe they are better now. However, while very frustrating, we're only 1 day after the first day to file. I'm OK giving things a week or two before I resort to redoing my taxes in another platform.

Next year though, I will think twice about using TT after all of this.

how do I delete form 8936? It's on my return even though I don't have an electric car and it says the form won't be ready until 2/21. Need help deleting this.

You can simply go to FORMS view and select the form and there is an option to delete (depending on the platform you are using). However, note that I already manually deleted any of those non-applicable forms (which you don't normally have to do) thinking that might be the problem and it did not help. 

H&R deluxe transfers all TT files from previous years to their program!!! Yea! 

you can upload any PDF copy of your tax forms, w-2 etc by just a drag and drop process. So far so good and the refund amounts matched exactly to TTAX.  You do have to remember your e-file pin which is pre filled out in TTAX but since it wont let you e-file you cant see the number! Again F**k Turbotax.

Does anyone know if TT will refund money due to this issue that we are all having?

You can simply go to FORMS view and select the form and there is an option to delete (depending on the platform you are using). However, note that I already manually deleted any of those non-applicable forms (which you don't normally have to do) thinking that might be the problem and it did not help. 

<reply>

tyvm. I couldn't find the delete form button as I was looking at the top of the screen for that option, then I finally saw it at the bottom of the screen under the form. Like you said I still can't efile but one less thing to worry about if they ever come up with a fix.

TT refund policy states that within 60 days of purchase from an authorized retailer, they will refund.

I think TT has a 60 day money back, Im still going to wait till they fix it since we have till 15 April and thats a few months away.  Last I heard was tomorrow and could file on 2/1 with Schedule C

Another solution is freetaxusa.  I filed with them this morning and IRS and state have been accepted.  All for a total cost for $16.04.  I had schedule E and C.  Requested refund for $98 from TT.

Same here.... Requested refund from TT. Switching to something else next year. People are used to the way TT looks and are familiar with the GUI. I'll get used to another software and not deal with all the bugs and the lack of response from TT.

i just went through and deleted all unneeded form and was about to efile 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies