turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

pensionman
Returning Member

Stimulus check and bank info showing on my return

The get my payment app on the IRS website finally asked me for my bank info this morning. I filed 2018-2019 with Turbo Premier, owed money and instructed them to debit my bank account for both years. 2019-on 7/15.

I checked everyday and was finally they asked me for the bank info. 

seagrey
Returning Member

Wanting to e-file IRS directly my zero to pay/zero refund 2019 taxes I was lead to Turbo Tax and used the site for the first time.  I am required to file due to other money received.  I received a confirmation of filing, but nothing when processed.  I'm assuming zero due zero pay wouldn't need a process confirm.  I used the "get my payment" portal and my status is now "check being mailed May 4".  The option to add my bank info hasn't exsisted that I can find. And now with a mailing date does that remove the option to wire transfer?  Note, todays date is 4/25/20.   I couldn't use the non-filer to enter bank info because Im required to file.  My point is, I'm with the op and look to turbo tax for suggestion on how to resolve.  Google Turbo Tax, result is presented as Intuit is the one stop shop for IRS, tax filing, and stimulus check.  Also, reference to the comment of "free money", not the case.  That only exsists playing Monopoly under the unwritten house rules of landing on "no parking".

I really cannot reply to your message but I can comment on the statement about people keep making about free money,  stimulus money, is not free money. You need to be a United States . If I were to not receive it,  I will question my citizenship ,  my naturalization that I did not have to go through , because I was born in the United States , so now think about that the next time somebody bring up free money

Your bank account information for your economic impact payment is usually captured from:

• the most recently filed tax return if you received a refund by direct deposit in 2018 or 2019, or
  • the bank information you provided on our Get My Payment application, or
  • the bank information you provided on the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool.

If Get My Payment indicates your payment is pending or has been processed, you cannot change your bank account information. 

seagrey
Returning Member

Critter, my 2019 tax return was zero refund and zero amount due, no bank info.  When I access the "Get my Payment"- it never gave me the option to enter my bank info.  Currently, it states I will be mailed a check on May 4, 2020

seagrey
Returning Member

Ginger, My position is there is no free money from the govt.  Some pay more into "the system" and some receive more benefits.  Its a hard balance to maintain.  I read this article about stimulus and the govt.  Its getting off subject of turbo tax, but it helped expand my understanding of how stimilus affects an economy.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stimulus-package.asp

Kennnerton
Returning Member

So here is my update, I was one of the people that didn't get a check yet. So at first theytry to direct deposit it into my bank account. But that bank account was closed, so I was due for a paper check. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting, and constantly checking the website to see when I will get my check. As of last week I had a mailed date on May 1st. just updating you guys and letting you know, I just checked my informed delivery on the USPS website. And I can see it in the mail coming in today. So to recap, IRS website said that it would be mailed on May 1st, I am receiving it today on May 1st. Keep your heads up guys.

Haley2020

My mom owes on her taxes this year and has entered her direct deposit info on TurboTax but can’t access the irs payment page so does this mean she’ll receive a paper check or will they see her banking info and send it via direct deposit? 

Codysalina1
Returning Member

I updated my irs portal thing when I checked it’s said it will deposit in my bank on 4/30 I still haven’t received it and can’t figure out how to talk to a person at the bank or debit card

seagrey
Returning Member

Thank you for update👋

Fullerunit1
Returning Member

So I looked up Find my stimulus payment, entered my information the first stimulus was deposited in my account and had my account last 4 digits, the second one said it was going to be deposited on Jan 4 but when i looked at my last 4 digits of my account it was the last 4 digits of my SS#. So the next time i looked it up it said "Status not available" and its been saying since. My SS# really!! Obviously it didn't get deposited Where is it!

@Fullerunit1 wrote:

So I looked up Find my stimulus payment, entered my information the first stimulus was deposited in my account and had my account last 4 digits, the second one said it was going to be deposited on Jan 4 but when i looked at my last 4 digits of my account it was the last 4 digits of my SS#. So the next time i looked it up it said "Status not available" and its been saying since. My SS# really!! Obviously it didn't get deposited Where is it!

You were probably affected by an IRS error that is being corrected as we speak. See this TurboTax blog post: https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/why-havent-i-received-my-second-stimulus-check-48743/ 

lbarn7

Mine is doing the same thing and I am concerned that the IRS did not get the info

The IRS is very slow and they're performing numerous updates to their online systems - some days you might not see any updates - some days you might not come up at all. Yes, I agree, it is very nerve-racking - but if you initially received verification that the IRS received your return then you can trust that they have it and are working on getting it processed. They are just so very slow right now, unfortunately. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies