turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

The last time i went on their, it says i entered the site to many times, anf have to wait 24hours

After numerous attempts I was able to finally talk to someone at stbg. He said if it's showing the last four of your social the IRS probably mailed you a check. 

pacoleus

I went to the IRS web page to check the status of  of my stimulus payment for those who filed a 2019 or 2018 tax return.  After the first step it indicated I was eligible for a stimulus payment.   I DID NOT INCLUDE MY BANK DIRECT DEPOSIT INFO WHEN I FILED MY 2018 OR 2019 RETURNS.  MY ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME FOR 2018 AND 2019 IS A NEGATIVE NUMBER BECAUSE NET OPERATING LOSSES CARRIED FORWARD FROM A RENTAL PROPERTY.  THE NET INCOME FROM THE RENTAL PROPERTY IN 2019 WAS NEGATIVE. THE GROSS INCOME FOR THE RENTAL PROPERTY WAS UNDER $75,000.  I HAD NO EARNED INCOME IN 2018 OR 2019 OR ANY OTHER INCOME EXCEPT SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFIT AND A PRIVATE PENSION BENEFIT.   WHEN I WENT TO THE SECOND STEP TO INPUT BY BANK DIRECT DEPOSIT INFO IT REQUIRES YOU TO INDICATE WHETHER YOU RECEIVED A REFUND OR OWED TAXES AND THE AMOUNT YOU RECEIVED OR OWED.  IN MY CASE I NEITHER RECEIVED A REFUND OR OWED TAXES. THERE IS NO THIRD CHOICE OF NEITHER.  I TRIED PUTTING IN 0 FOR THE AMOUNT. THAT DID NOT WORK.  IT ALSO REQUESTED I PUT IN MY ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME. THE FORM WOULD NOT ACCEPT A NEGATIVE NUMBER.   I TRIED PUTTING IN 0 AND 1 FOR ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME.  THAT DID NOT WORK.   WHAT SHOULD I DO TO TRY AND GET MY DIRECT DEPOSIT INFO INPUTTED AND TO MAKE SURE SINCE I HAVE A NEGATIVE ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME MY STIMULUS PAYMENT IS BEING PROCESSED? FORTUNATELY THE ADDRESS ON MY 2019 RETURN(BUT NOT 2018), IS MY CORRECT MAILING ADDRESS.   I RECEIVE MY SOCIAL SECURITY MONTHLY BENEFIT BY DIRECT DEPOSIT.  IN MY CASE WILL MY DIRECT DEPOSIT INFO USED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENTS BE USED FOR MY STIMULUS PAYMENT OR IS THAT ONLY FOR NON FILERS?         

@Mrcoats39  seriously that is sum total BS.this was my first time ever using this turbo card and I will never again. I have used TurboTax for years and up until this year they have totally F up. I feel like because me using the turbo card they delayed me from getting my refund and now they're delaying me from getting my stimulus money which I direly need since I am not working due to this. I'm just hoping the check gets sent before my rent is due.

@Brandy78218

You're absolutely right! This is bs for sure. I'll never use turbo tax again after this debocil. I hope you receive something before your rent is due. 

@Mrcoats39 thanks so much I know this has been a trying time for everybody I never thought at 28 years old I would have to file for unemployment but I did so thankfully I'm already receiving that. I know there's others in different states that still can't get through to their unemployment so I'm grateful. And also my husband still working so that's also a blessing. I just can't believe TurboTax this year I've have used them ever since I was able to file a tax return. Up until this year I tried their advancement option and had to get the TurboTax card. But never again.prior years I used my normal Chase account and never had an issue but it makes me weary if I want to use them again next year. So TurboTax if y'all watch these fourm you may be losing a loyal customer

erickal

ok i checked the wheres my payment and says it is to be deposited today but it is not the dd info thats on my 19 taxes and i have not recived it any sugestions

Does the IRS send the checks as first class mail? I know supposedly they're not going to start sending out paper checks until the 24th of this month but if they send it out first class I should hopefully get it before my rent is due by the 1st of May lol

Dc0411

I filed my tax return for 2019 and didnt recieve my stimilus. I recieved my 2019 return on aprial 8th in my bank account. Why didnt i get my stimilus? @KatieH @erickal @Brandy78218 

@Dc0411 did you go on to get my payment website yet to see if they sent your payment off are not? truly I'm not sure on that one I filed my taxes back on January 27th but didn't receive my refund until March 18th. so I'm not sure it's because you received your refund not too long ago that maybe it was too recent for them to send the stimulus payment the same way

go to www.irs.gov, click on Get My Money to update your direct deposit info

I just checked my turbo debit card account and my stimulus check was not deposited. I used the irs online tool to check the status and it said they didn't have my direct deposit info on file and to update my direct deposit now, so I did. So this whole time I was expecting it was going to be deposited into my debit card since it also has an account and routing number attached to it, but I guess that's not the case? 

Every one i know have gotten the money even a friend that used turbo tax but he dose not have a turbo card he only used his bank account, so it looks like anyone that has a turbo card will not get a deposit. Ill never use this company again they cant even pick up the phone and call the IRS to find out.

I checked on my stimulus payment on the IRS portal today. 

When I filed, I used the TurboCard method. When I checked the portal, it said that they did not have enough information for a direct deposit. I had to put in my bank account information.

IRS "Where's My Stimulus Check" Portal 

well I feel like that's better than my situation mine shows that they sent my payment today but the bank account information listed just shows the last four of my SSN.and it won't allow me to update my direct deposit info. somebody on here posted that if it's showing your last four of your social then they're going to be mailing you a check

The payment thing is bull i jst did it put in mt agi at the end and it said it was wrong so it said use ur 2018 agi so i did and said it was wrong again and now i cant do it again for 24 hrs only tried it twice

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies