turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

report a bug about this Community

How can I report a technical bug (not idea) about this Community?  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

Go ahead and let us know in a reply below. Thanks! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@GabiU, I filtered my search results for "answered" questions, but its filtered results don't include all answered questions like the one at https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/re-if-you-are-not-aware-of-any-adjustmen...

I PM’d you 

@Coreyscott88, I have no private messages.

@GabiU, I'm reporting another bug.  When I insert a URL that ends with a long number, it's mistakenly converted into a phone number.  After posting my message, its inserted URL becomes https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8960#idm[phone number removed]512

GabiU
Level 15

Search results: that is weird, this site is full of information so it might take some scrolling to find it. You can always use "bookmark" to save threads you want to review. 
bookmark.png

You can find your saved bookmarks when you press on your profile icon in the right-hand corner. 

To answer your question: Yes, everyone can see the product you selected. 

URL-- It's best to use the hyperlink function when posting sites. For everyone's safety, the community edits out number sequences that resemble phone numbers or social security numbers.hyperlink.png
I hope this helps! 

GabiU
Level 15

Oh yeah! You are right about the hyperlink. That's strange. We can re-add the link on our end. Curious...does the IRS link you posted bring us to the correct link...even though the hyperlink is incorrect? 

I wish I had a better answer for the search, but you'll have to try different combinations to find what you're looking for. Maybe removing the quotations will help you find more results on the topic. 

Again @GabiU, I'm reporting a bug with filtering (not with searching or with bookmarking).  The "answered" filter doesn't seem to be dependable because answered results are being omitted from its filtered results.

P.S. the URL part that's mistakenly converted into a phone number is a marker for the line number within the IRS publication.  By removing that marker, the URL can still open to the top of that publication.

GabiU
Level 15

@rootsmusic If you search "QBI Adjustment" instead of "199A Worksheet", it might show up. Seems like the search goes off the Subject, not the body of the thread. 

I understand your report and I will note it for my team. I'm sorry if you feel dismissed, I have my problem-solving hat on today. 

[Edit] 

@GabiU, I'm afraid that you're misunderstanding my first reply.  The screenshot below are my search results without filtering.

results.png

This screenshot's last result was solved.  However, it's omitted when I filter my search results for those that are "answered".  So I distrust the filter, which resulted in the screenshot below.

filtered.jpg

@GabiUI tried to select the edition for my discussion, but the selected edition doesn't seem to save.

edition selectoredition selector

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies