Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Program updates - download version 2019

Just installed 3/27/2020 updates when program launched.  Obviously this bug has not been fixed.  Clicking on More details lead to https://ttlc.intuit.com/articles/4784576

But the TurboTax Support has moved.

See picture.Annotation 2020-03-28 015341.png

Having read this entire thread, I decided to post simply because the post above by  @conwaypc was exactly what I was going to post. I really would like to now what these "critical updates" are.

The answers given by the "Tax Experts" all have been none related answers. One of the biggest reasons I stay with TurboTax is because I can download the CD. I really want to avoid doing my taxes online.

Jgblaze2

Trying to reinstall 2019, but cannot uninstall old first.  Help!

I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC and apparently TT does not offer a 64-bit Windows version of the program. I would assume the same holds true for the Mac. That said, the 32-bit version runs fine on my PC.

64-bit Windows will run 32-bit programs just fine. Again, I would assume the same holds true for Macs.

With ProSystem fx, a professional tax program that costs many thousands of dollars per year, program updates commonly are offered right up to October 15 (extended due date) and beyond. ProSystem also provides links after every update describing in full what has been changed and what new or revised forms have been added. They also offer a utility that will advise you which client returns might be affected by the changes.

Of course, you cannot realistically expect the same kind of support from a $40 tax program. What you should expect, however, is that a broken link within that program should either be fixed or deleted, especially when the problem has been reported to the company.

@Kobac6917 Your post highlights the complicity of their disregard of rules and regulations.  They obviously could do the same for their consumer program, yet choose not too, while misleading people and leaving them wondering.  

Turbo Tax response to question was not helpful!  You should be able to advise what has changed and if Tax return already filed what needs to be done.

Not helpful. The program is still linking to a dead page, and the page you referenced is not helpful for finding what's in the latest update.

I just filed my 2019 taxes and now I can't print out my copies 

I

@royalstarventurn wrote:

I just filed my 2019 taxes and now I can't print out my copies 

The tax return is only available for printing if you paid the TurboTax account fees with a credit card or you e-filed the federal tax return and it has been accepted by the IRS.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

I payed for a 2019 tax program, some time ago. I'm only now getting around to downloading the tax program i bought from your company. How can i down load the program I payed for on a special from you?

@scottgraff1953 wrote:

I payed for a 2019 tax program, some time ago. I'm only now getting around to downloading the tax program i bought from your company. How can i down load the program I payed for on a special from you?

Go to this website and enter the User ID and password used to purchase the software - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads?route=myaccounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kobac6917 

"Of course, you cannot realistically expect the same kind of support from a $40 tax program."

Quicken does it. My $9 lifetime email client does it.  I have free programs that do it.  It is a Best Practice that most software developers follow. Also Intuit used to do it.

Still NOT fixed as of 28 March and recent updates.  How are filers either still working on it or more importantly those who have already filed, supposed to see what's been updated when the basic links are broken?  Your paying customers (many of us for many, many years) expect some of the basics to operate properly.  

Please fix asap and then find a way to inform your customers when it's fixed or what/where all the recent updates are.  

Thanks

John

I know that Quicken does it. I've been a Quicken user since 1988 (with the DOS version).

Your point is well taken. Turbo Tax could do better based upon the comments in this thread although I do not believe they will ever reach the level of support that ProSystem fx has nor would I expect it to. Fortunately, I've never had to contact them for support.

This is only my second year using Turbo Tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies