Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alsn
Level 4

Premium Tax Credit (PTC) Repayment Limitation is incorrect in TurboTax Desktop (2021)

There is a similar issue logged for TurboTax Online. 

Solved: Re: TT 2021 Form 8962 - Error calculating repaymen... (intuit.com)

I am having the same issue with TurboTax Desktop. It limits the repayment of PTC to $2,700 even when the MAGI is over 400%. My understanding is that there is no limit in this case.

Please advise when this issue will be fixed for TurboTax Desktop.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Premium Tax Credit (PTC) Repayment Limitation is incorrect in TurboTax Desktop (2021)

For those of you who are having the issue of the repayment of the Premium Tax Credit being incorrectly limited to $2,700, please see this TurboTax webpage and sign up to be notified when there is a resolution of the issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
alsn
Level 4

What is the expected date of resolution? Thanks.

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Our team is working to resolve the repayment of excess Premium Tax Credit limitation.   Please sign up for notifications in this TurboTax Help article.
Notifications for excess repayment limitation Premium Tax Credit

Yea I'm a retired developer and this fix should be easy. 400 or more, leave the box blank.

alsn
Level 4

Yes, but I would think that Intuit has other fixes that it wants to group with the release to avoid frequent updates/downloads and test to make sure that fixes do not break something else 🙂

alsn
Level 4

When I opened TT Desktop today, it was updated, and PTC Repayment Limitation issue has been fixed for MAGI over 400% (increasing my tax amount due). Thanks. 🙂😐

ES51
Returning Member

When will the online be fixed?  My reject notice said to log back in today to redo it, but nothing has changed.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

To ensure updates are applied in TurboTax Online, please try logging completely out of the TurboTax website, then clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. 

@ES51

@BillM223  The Investigation INV15954 "TurboTax is limiting the repayment of excess Premium Tax Credit Incorrectly-Form 8962 Line 28" is only partially fixed.

My Form 8962 line 5 is 401%. Line 29 Excess Advance Premium Tax Credit Repayment is $3,500 with Line 28 Repayment Limitation blank.

However Schedule 1 Line 17 incorrectly calculates the Self-employed Health Insurance Deduction as though the Form 8962 line 28 Repayment Limitation is $1,350 (single) even though it is blank.  Any idea when TT will fix this? Other posts describe same problem.

I have talked to support several times, in last few weeks, but still no update with a fix. Please let me know if TurboTax is working of this. Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies