Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rlotfi
Returning Member

Online Submission

I bought Turbo tax Premier to cover all my needs to  file my tax. I filed my 2020 tax online but it was rejected. After contacting IRS multiple time I found my 2019 tax was not processed. After finishing the process , I can't submit my 2020 tax online with Turbo tax. They say it is closed and I need to do paper submission. Since I have contacted IRS multiple times, I found paper taxes are very behind and I don't want to do paper. When I contact turbo tax customer service they just say online submission is closed. I need a real way to submit my tax online with turbo tax after all these cots. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Online Submission

The only way to file a 2020 tax return now is to print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.

TurboTax e-filing of 2020 tax returns closed after October 15, 2021.  The IRS closed e-filing on November 20, 2021 until next year.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Online Submission

Sorry, but it's no longer possible to e-file a 2020 tax return with TurboTax.

Right now the IRS (not TurboTax) has shut down all e-filing of personal tax returns until filing for 2021 begins, probably sometime in late January. No one can e-file any tax return until then.

When the IRS reopens e-filing in January, tax professionals using professional software will be able to e-file 2020 tax returns as well as 2021. But TurboTax does not allow e-filing of past year returns. If you find a tax professional who uses ProSeries software, they should be able to open your TurboTax tax return and e-file it for you.

Online Submission

When you pay for Turbotax Online, you are paying for preparation services, and there is no additional charge for e-filing.  You have a complete, prepared tax return that you could print, sign and mail, since e-filing is closed. If you want to e-file, you will have to see a tax professional in January and pay for their services separately. 

Online Submission

professional tax preparers may still be able to e-file 2020.   there will be their fee and there's no way to tell how much, if any, that would speed up your refund.  many factors are involved. some taxpayers claim they e-filed in February and still have not gotten their refunds.

rlotfi
Returning Member

Online Submission

@Opus 17  This is ridiculous.  I am sure if Turbotax advertise for this, most of the customers will drop it. 90% of the tax payers are using e-file. I am going to share this and see how people feel about that.

Online Submission

@rlotfi wrote:

@Opus 17  This is ridiculous.  I am sure if Turbotax advertise for this, most of the customers will drop it. 90% of the tax payers are using e-file. I am going to share this and see how people feel about that.

I don't know what you are complaining about.  It is the IRS that sets the rules for e-filing, and it is the IRS that places limitations on consumer software that are not imposed on professional software.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies