Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and extension thread

So what if my sons dad and I switch every year on claiming him and they went off his 2018 taxes where he didn’t claim him, due to his 2019 hasn’t processed. They went off my 2019 where I didn’t claim him. Neither of us are getting the $500 for him?

@kayencinias If the IRS processes his 2019 return before the stimulus money is set, then he will get the dependent stimulus money.  If they don't process his 2019 return, then they will use your 2019 return for you & his 2018 return for him.

The stimulus money is an  ‘advance’ to a special tax credit that’ll appear on the tax return you file in 2021 for the 2020 tax year — a tax credit that wouldn’t have been there if it wasn’t for these stimulus checks. You can still get it on your 2020 tax return filed in 2021.

Alex3601

Hello, I would like to know how to change my bank information because my notary office made a mistake or rather omitted a number from my account, what can I do? 

from this, I already have my tax return 2019 because she wrote me a check because the money never came to my account due to the error omitting a number

anushristacy
Returning Member

I filed with TurboTax and received an advance on a Turbo Card. Today I checked the IRS Get my Payment tool and it shows my payment as being deposited to a ************(then last 4 of my social). It won't let me update it. What does this mean?? I've been laid off. I can't feed my family I really needed this money. 

pmk

My spouse died in 2017. We have 4 dependents so I filed as a qualifying widow/er for 2017 and 2018, and have yet to file for 2019.  What filing category should be used to calculate the amount of my COVID-19 economic stimulus? Single? Head of Household?

I just checked my turbo debit card account and my stimulus check was not deposited. I used the irs online tool to check the status and it said they didn't have my direct deposit info on file and to update my direct deposit now, so I did. So this whole time I was expecting it was going to be deposited into my debit card since it also has an account and routing number attached to it, but I guess that's not the case? 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

• I have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 

• I no longer have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account (https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen). If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much

I dont understand how to find out when you will get your stimulus check

Michael42589
Returning Member

So, independent in 2018 and dependent in 2019 you will still receive the stimulus based off 2018.  Dependent in 2018 and independent in 2019 you will get your stimulus based off 2019.  If you have not filed this year file your tax return.  If you do not have the 1040 or other documents to file for 2019, go to irs.gov and there is a non-filers form you can fill out.  I got mine off my 2018 and was claimed in 2019, still filled out the form since I didn’t have anything to file for 2019.

Slwoods1973
Returning Member

Do i qualify for the situmules check everyone talking about. Even thou i my income changed to file taxes this year but i filed for 2018

So I filed taxes for year 2019, I claimed 2 of my 3 kids and only recieved 1200 back from the irs covid stimulus payment instead of 2200, I cannot contact anybody to get this corrected. What do I do?? The IRS is closed to any public assistance. 

This is incorrect. The way the IRS has written eligibility expectations is open to interpretation. If the IRS  has processed a stimulus for someone's return based off 2018 taxes and YOU were claimed by  said person as an adult dependant (despite what you claimed in 2019) you WILL NOT get a stimulus. Also, I allowed my parents to claim my kids in 2018 and they got the $500 for her despite me filing with her as MY dependant and head of household for 2019. #figures... I'm going into day 23 "still processing" my return (which will probably be deemed incorrect and I'll OWE tax money because I was an independent contractor and helped out an old family friend and a hoarding situation and she never sent 1099misc and because I claimed EITC  I will be scrutinized and left saddened with hungry toddlers and no chance of going back to tattoo industry any time soon).

LuciSmokes
Returning Member

THIS **bleep** DOES NOT HELP **bleep**ABOUT NOTHING ELSE BESIDES MY MONEY. I hear it from the news and every where else YOU **bleep** **bleep**ARE STEALING PEOPLES CORONA CHECK **bleep** YOU TURBO TAX! I WANT MY MONEY OR DELETE MY **bleep** SO I CAN FILE WITH THE IRS OR A BETTER **bleep**ING COMPANY! 

LuciSmokes
Returning Member

No body cares just tell me where my **bleep** money is!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies