Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Getting error: Schedule CA: _ your return has a mortgage interest adjustment which will require an update in order to ensure that the calculations are correct. Help ?

Thanks for the hint:  I’m in CA, and by correcting the mortgage worksheet (Fed), the error on schedule CA cleared. What I needed to correct is the year of refinance - somehow it was recording that I refinanced in 2021, which I did not.  Yea!  And tax due remained the same.  Thanks so much!

Getting error: Schedule CA: _ your return has a mortgage interest adjustment which will require an update in order to ensure that the calculations are correct. Help ?

How did you get to that form?  I'm using the web version and haven't seen a way to do that.

Same here. In CA, using the web version of TT Deluxe. No access to view individual forms.

My apologies - I should have mentioned that I am using TT Deluxe desktop.  Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a clue for the online program.

I had the same issue and had to to a chat with a turbo tax expert. I was able to share my screen with him and he said that the updated form will not be available until Feb 10 and to log back in after that to make the adjustment. Pretty annoying that the program itself had nothing indicating this. 

When will this "update" be completed, this is really fouling things up for a lot of people. Is this a TurboTax issue, or the State of California issue, because it needs to be resolved quickly. I use TurboTax Live online and check it everyday with no changes thus far. I paid for the deluxe package, and the interesting part is you can file the State of California Taxes now on other free links. I have a real problem with this stalling tactic by TurboTax and I cannot get a straight answer from their so called "experts", that chat was an incredible waste of time.

Hi there,

I was told by the "expert online" that the form would be available February 10th. I was pretty annoyed myself since there was nothing within the TT program that indicated that they did not have the updated form and I had to reach out to an "expert" ( another long process) for help.  I've been using TT since 2003 with no real problems but yesterday, when doing my taxes, I literally spent hours going round and round within the program getting this error message with no explanation or remedy. To my knowledge, those that filed taking the standard deduction, have not run into this problem and it has to do with those of us taking the itemized deduction.  So, again,  I was told to return to TT February 10th and the issue should be fixed, but I am just an annoyed customer like yourself.

Is it supposed to be obvious when you click on the link as to how to sign up for the notification when the update is available, because I'm not seeing anywhere to do this?

You are exactly right in that both yes,  there is supposed to be a visible link to click on for the update/necessary form, and no........it is not there........which is why I spent an hour chasing my own tail yesterday trying to find something that was supposed to be there, but was not. The only reason that I know any of this is because I spent another hour waiting for the "live expert" who was able to view my screen and tell me exactly what was going on and how/when to fix it. According to "the expert," the form will be available on February 10th (Nowhere does it say this on TT), and we should be able to sign in that day to fall all of the necessary tools/instructions to fix our issues. To my knowledge, the issue is that TT does not have the necessary/updated form for the CA Mortgage interest. This only applies to those of us taking an itemized deduction. Those who have taken the standard deduction were able to file with CA because they did not need this updated form with a standard deduction. 

correction....follow, not fall

Thanks for this.  I thought wow, I'm not stupid ;).

I was very frustrated myself!!! 

duho jung
Returning Member

I have two different 1098s from two different banks. do i still combine them like you mentioned above? if so, under which bank do i list information?

Hi there - 

I also have two different 1098s from two different banks and I was able to enter them both.  Once you have completed entering one 1098, it will give you an option to enter another. Also, you have the option of taking a picture of your forms and uploading them directly into TT and so you don't have to manually enter the forms is if you choose not to. 

treecatt
Returning Member

No option for signing up on the referenced web page. And yes, I logged in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies