Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need1040x to add cap losses on bankrupt investment that I forgot when filing. Owed no taxes, this will increase caploss on schD carry forward. ?where to enter? info1040x

is there a step by step for 1040x if yes, how do I get to it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Need1040x to add cap losses on bankrupt investment that I forgot when filing. Owed no taxes, this will increase caploss on schD carry forward. ?where to enter? info1040x

Login, scroll down and click on add a state, then click on amend and follow the screen instructions.

Sorry, this doesn't work, when I click add a state it asks me for payment, there is nothing that offers "amend"

I am using turbo tax downloaded to my computer,

You posted from the online version so that is the answer you got ...  

For a download ...  How do I amend my 2019 return in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

Thank you.  I had clicked on downloaded cd but then failed to notice that's not where i was.  My apologies and thank you. 

The link to turbotax instructions for CD/download should work for Online as well with minor difference, if not exactly.

Note the steps required, and follow the steps.

Do you still have a question ?

No, still do not have question as i discovered on my own the way to do it is to click on "new" and then that gives me the page that offers "amend return"....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies