turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need too add additional tax information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

As long as you haven't yet e-filed your return, you can go back into your program at any point and add or edit anything.

If you have already e-filed, you cannot make changes.  The IRS is opening tax season on February 12.  After that date, you should receive an email notifying you whether your return has been accepted or rejected.  If the IRS rejects your return for some reason, you can make corrections then before re-submitting your return.

If your return is accepted by the IRS, you'll need to wait until at least the end of February to amend your 2020 return.  I'll link instructions below that will show you how to amend your return.  Be sure to follow the instructions carefully, as they are quite specific.  

Additionally, an amended return cannot be e-filed.  It must be printed, signed and mailed to the IRS.

How do I amend my TurboTax 2020 Online return? 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

If you've already filed then and amendment would need to be done. If you have not filed you can find and edit addition tax information from three bar drop down menu on the top left of the turbo tax app for Android and or iOS. This allows you to navigate the various tax editing options step by with options to click and understand more about what each is and whether or not you qualify for that option. From submitting your W2 I information to claiming your tax breaks you can also go back to each individual section before filing to edit areas you need to edit. However an amendment would need to be if you already submitted your taxes for filing. Once filed you can track your refund stats and can even opt in for direct deposit or a mailed check for your preferred payment options prior to finalizing your submittal

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies