Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

walternoj

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Need to fix file rejection because my mother was doing my taxes and she wasn’t aware my father had my brother as a dependent and she put it on my account. File must pass

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
WKins2
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Need to fix file rejection because my mother was doing my taxes and she wasn’t aware my father had my brother as a dependent and she put it on my account. File must pass

If your return was rejected and you need to fix errors on your return, you are able to log back into your account and navigate to the section that needs to be updated. Since your father claimed your brother as a dependent, and you tried to, you will need to go to the personal section of the program and scroll through until you get to the part where your brother's information is listed. 

Since he was already claimed, you will need to remove him from your return (you cannot claim the same social security number more than once). Once he is removed, you can go to the file tab and re-file the return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello,

I have tried to find my 2020 tax refund. I am entered a incorrect bank account and routing information, and, need help with giving Turbo Tax the correct bank information to receive my 2020 refund.  Thank you for your assistance.

Parthenia Harrell

[phone number removed]

I have tried to call the Corporate Turbo Tax office. Every number I call gives my the same information: "we do not have a corporate number," but , I cannot get further information to help me. 

@Mehkai1955 wrote:

I have tried to call the Corporate Turbo Tax office. Every number I call gives my the same information: "we do not have a corporate number," but , I cannot get further information to help me. 

Once a tax return has been filed the bank information cannot be changed.  If the bank information for direct deposit was incorrect the bank will reject the deposit and return it to the IRS.  The IRS will then mail a refund check to the address on the tax return.

When did you file the 2020 tax return?  Did you e-file or mail the 2020 tax return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies