Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My transmission didn't go through. Why aren't Tax Year 2022 transmissions available?

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Try this link and see if any of these forms you are waiting on. Some say 2/9. Maybe that's the issue 

My transmission didn't go through. Why aren't Tax Year 2022 transmissions available?

Well it took my e file couple days ago.  Then got rejected (i left number out of one spot) Its fixed and now it wont take. So I dont think its something in that sense

Have the same issue when filing from NC, similar issue last year.  Looked at NCDOR - https://www.ncdor.gov/what-expect-when-filing-taxes-year  - The NCDOR anticipates accepting 2022 Individual Income tax returns by Friday, February 3.   

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Some forms may not be available which can cause this message.  Please see the Help Article here to look up your specific state or federal forms.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

mine was rejected and I had to make an adjustment.  After i made adjustment it wont go now.  

MichaelG81
Expert Alumni

For North Carolina residents, they are not accepting returns until Feb. 3, 2023. To check if your state/federal forms are available go to this tool and make sure your forms are ready for e-filing. Some states are not accepting returns yet, and for others not all forms for specific deductions or credits are 100% finalized yet.

@stelmo8

Then how did my federal go through already and get rejected?

In NC and having the same issues...deleted cookies and allowed popups and still no luck!!!! The worst part is I can't seem to get help after paying turbotax!!

How do you only file federal??? Its not giving me that option.

HopeS
Expert Alumni

When your e-filed return comes back as rejected, it just means that the IRS has sent your return back to you for correction. For example, a  mistyped number that doesn't match the IRS database can trigger a rejection.

To fix your rejected return, sign in to your TurboTax and follow the instructions to correct the error.

1. Select Fix my return to see your rejection code and explanation.
  2. Select Fix it now and follow the instructions to update the info causing the rejection. ...
  3. Once you've fixed the error, select File in the left menu and follow the instructions to either e-file or file by mail.

If you need more help, search for your error code to find an article with detailed instructions. 

Please click on the link below to see some of the common IRS reject codes. 

Common Rejection Codes

@stelmo8

MichaelG81
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can e-file federal only.  North Carolina and some other states with specific deductions and credits forms are not ready yet. For NC, we cant e-file until Feb. 3, 2023 according to NC. 

Here are two ways to skip your state in TurboTax Online:

1. Pay for both your federal and state returns or it's free and when you get to the Here are your filing options screen, select Change next to your state return. On the Change filing method screen, select I'm not ready to file and Save.
  2. Delete your state return, file your federal return now, and then come back later to re-do your state return

Method 1 doesn't require up-front payment for your state, but you'll have to re-enter your state information later. Method 2 saves the work you did on your state return, but requires up-front payment.

Related Information:

@Tammyshaffer76

LSRaby

Thank you so much for the detailed info!

@MichaelG81 

Your post was really helpful although troubling that NC is saying March 3rd for Individual tax returns.

You're right Feb 3rd

My return was finally filed on Jan. 23, 2023 for Colorado.  However, I am not sure why other states, such as NC IRS isn't accepting submissions!  That does not make sense....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies