Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

be patient they should be sending a letter and hopefully there will be some way to correct issues there. I am in the same boat. Don't qualify with 2018, filed 2019 before April 2020, and they still went by my 2018 return:(. So I got lesser amount than 1200.

Charleswsanders149
Returning Member

I too recieved the incorrect amount.  I filed married filing jointly with three dependents.  1st born mar2011, 2nd born aug2014, 3rd born nov2018.

Total household less than 70,000.00

Total deposited today was 3,400, not 3,900 as anticipated.  I searched  everywhere for a place on the IRS website to report issue and could not find anything!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cj1961

My husband passed away 2/2018. I am single. They deposited $2,400.  I guess I wait until I get the explanation letter and figure out who to contact.  

I filed both my sons taxes and mine used used my checking account for both refunds last year and this year. I received two deposits of $1200. But missing $500 for my dependent 12 year old.

All U.S. residents with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 ($150,000 for married couples) would get a $1,200 ($2,400 for couples) “rebate” payment. They are also eligible for an additional $500 per child. The payments would start phasing out for earners above those income thresholds and would not go to single filers earning more than $99,000; head-of-household filers with one child, more than $146,500; and more than $198,000 for joint filers with no children.

I have this problem too. I received my stimulus check today and it's based on my 2018 tax return. I had a baby since then and the $500 I should have been allotted for that child is missing. I don't know what to do.

Funlvnmama
Returning Member

I made 18k on my 2018 tax year, claim head of household with 2 kids child tax credit and all the calculations said 2200 but I only got 1700, was really counting on the money to get cought up on bills.  Can't find anyway to correct the issue so frustrating.  I realize I should be happy to get something but I've been out of work and owe on several bills. Would have been nice to have money to get by on for a bit. 

Sacerny

I have the complete opposite problem.  2019 taxes married filing jointly with 2 dependents under 5.  Recieved 1 deposit of $3400 and 1 deposit of $1700 a couple hours later. Im guessing they sent the second deposit as a single filer with 1 dependent which is how i filed in 2018.   Not complaining, just dont want to run into any trouble later on or next tax season.

I filed single ($1200) and claimed 2 of my kids (ages 14 & 11) on my taxes, I should have received a total of $2200. Only $1200 was deposited, who can I contact about the other $1000 I was suppose to get for the kids? Are some of the payments being separated? Everything I’ve read so far regarding who I can contact has been very vague and usually takes me back to the same website that gives me no real info. If someone has any info please let me know I’d really appreciate it.

I file head of household only received for myself and not my 3 children that are under 17

Rb61

Is the total $$ thresholds based on earned income or any income?  We took 40k from our 401k  We only got $745.

Please check your tax return to be sure the newest little blessing was listed as living with you all 12 months even if they were born part way through the year (or even DECEMBER!!)
Can I claim a new born baby on my taxes 

Turbo Tax keeps deleting mynpost but I think I have the answer. Turbo Tax asked everyone an awkwardly worded question about how long your child lived with your in 2019. IF YOU SAID ANY ANSWER BESIDES THE WHOLE YEAR it checked off the Other dependent box instead of the Child Tax Credit box in the dependents section. For this stimulus check, the IRS was looking to see if you had that Child Tax Credit box checked.  If not, you didnt get the $500. Go amend your taxes!

Since you haven't filed for 2019 the payment was based on 2018.  Was your income higher then? Perhaps that is the reason.

I didn't used turbotax  to fill out my taxes so I don't think u are right....must be another reason 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies