Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My bank account has been compromised 3 times this year. I do not want any future stimulus checks to go to that account due to potential identity theft. How can I change the information for my bank acc

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My bank account has been compromised 3 times this year. I do not want any future stimulus checks to go to that account due to potential identity theft. How can I change the information for my bank acc

Congress has not voted for a second stimulus check.    If and when they ever do that, we hope the IRS will provide guidelines for folks who need to change their banking information.  You cannot change it via TurboTax.  The only time you enter banking information into TT is when you are filing your tax return.  You cannot change your banking information after you file.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

why haven't you closed out the compromised a/c so you have no further problems?   if a 2nd stimulus it depends on what a/c the IRS uses. if it's closed the IRS will send a paper check 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies