Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sprattr69
Returning Member

Moving Expenses for Work

Hello,

Im trying to figure out how to report my moving expenses. I moved from Japan, to Florida recently (in March 2020)...and so I have to report $10.193.24 in Taxable Income. However, I dont see where I would enter that Income into Turbo Tax Basic software program.

I just need to know how to report this income, in Turbo Tax.

Thank you kindly.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Moving Expenses for Work

Moving expenses are not deductible on a federal tax return unless you are active military on Permanent Change of Station orders.

sprattr69
Returning Member

Moving Expenses for Work

Thank you DoninGA for your Reply.

Yes...I understand its not deductible. I was just wondering if I need to simply add it to my reportable income somehow, for tax filing. I see that the $10k shows up on my Pay Stubs from my Employer....so..then I can I assume that its all figured into my W-2 Totals as well? If so...then I wouldnt need to report anything extra.

Thank you again for your reply.

Moving Expenses for Work

@sprattr69 wrote:

Thank you DoninGA for your Reply.

Yes...I understand its not deductible. I was just wondering if I need to simply add it to my reportable income somehow, for tax filing. I see that the $10k shows up on my Pay Stubs from my Employer....so..then I can I assume that its all figured into my W-2 Totals as well? If so...then I wouldnt need to report anything extra.

Thank you again for your reply.

The employer provided income for the relocation should already be included on the W-2

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Moving Expenses for Work

You do not need to "add anything extra" - the employer-relocation allowance was reported on your W-2.

As @DoninGA stated, "The employer provided income for the relocation should already be included on the W-2".

As you stated, "the $10k shows up on my Pay Stubs from my Employer."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies