turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MN Itemized Deduction

They've done this before.  The last time they hadn't decided if the mortgage insurance premium was deductible.  I expect it's a similar situation again that will be resolved before long.  I had to file an amended return the last time, so I'm going to wait until they get it figured out before I file this year.

MN Itemized Deduction

Dealing with the same issue. Talked to TT today and was told MN is  making "updates" to the M1SA form and have not yet provided the most updated version to TT which is why we are getting the "Check this Entry" message. 

MN Itemized Deduction

I am also using the download version and experiencing the same glitch. TT has a post that says a fix is going in on 2-2 19. Do you think this will automatically apply when I run the state check?

MN Itemized Deduction

Can you tell me how you forced it? Apparently a fix going in on 2-2. Thanks for any info!

MN Itemized Deduction

Did they happen to say if all versions will automatically update when the fix is applied? I was given a date of 2-2 but signed up for the email notification anyway. Thanks for any info!

MN Itemized Deduction

Can you let me know where you signed up for the email alert?

MN Itemized Deduction

Yes! I was logged into TT in the state portion of my return. On the right, where you can search for help, I typed in Minnesota schedule M1SA glitch and several links came up. Choose the one with our issue, it talks about the fix date and asks if you want to be notified by email. Click the link and type in your name and email. I don't have it open currently so I hope that's accurate. Let me know if you need additional info!

MN Itemized Deduction

Thank you!
GabiU
Level 15

MN Itemized Deduction

Hello All! Thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

This issue is scheduled to be resolved in a product update February 2, 2019.

Please sign-up for updates on this in the article here: 
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4546083-why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-minnesota-m1sa 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

MN Itemized Deduction

It appears that the problems with Schedule M1SA have been resolved, but I notice that on Schedule M1M, line 18, there is an amount that I don't think should be there.  Since I am itemizing deductions on Schedule M1SA, there shouldn't be an amount on line 18 of Schedule M1M, but TurboTax calculates an amount there.  I can override this and put a zero there, but it's something I would expect TurboTax to do correctly without my intervention - or am I missing something?

MN Itemized Deduction

My notification stated that the line 18 error will be corrected in an update estimated to be 2-9.
How did you access the forms directly? I already efiled once and this was not caught prior so I'd like to review them after the fix.

MN Itemized Deduction

In the dark blue header on the TurboTax screen there's an icon for "forms" to the right.  That will give you access to view all the forms in your tax file.  Click on Schedule M1M, and when it opens, right click on the amount for line 18, and it will give you a menu that will allow you to override the amount.  To go back to the entry screens, the icon in the upper right corner has changed to step-by-step, and that will take you back to the entry screens.

MN Itemized Deduction

Thank you! I also got the M1SA error for line 3. Should be 10% of line 2 but mine submitted blank.
Have you made manual changes before and submitted or would you recommend waiting for the fix? I've already had the state rejected once. Thanks for your expertise!

MN Itemized Deduction

I haven't had to make manual changes in the past.  I normally wait until TurboTax has time to get all the bugs out of the program.  I did need to file an amended return once when the State made a change after I had filed.  In most years my taxes are quite uncomplicated and I don't have a problem, but this year Minnesota has gotten everything confused and created a lot of problems.

MN Itemized Deduction

Thanks for the reply. I did read that if I manually correct the 2 lines, I can't efile a second time so I'll be patient and wait for the fixes. Mine is uncomplicated as well and I'll be sure to wait longer next year before attempting a return. Thanks!
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies