turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

License Code Multiple Request by TT 2019 Desktop App

talked with Turbo Tax today they are aware of the problem and hopefully working on it I am kind of far along in doing my taxes so I do not want to uninstall and then down load and maybe lose everything (even though it is saved) I am just not going to shut down my computer until I finish my taxes

I have this problem for a while and  i found a solution. You have to be sure that the Firewall in your computer is down. Every time that I started TurboTax with the Firewall on I ave the request for the Code and when it was off the computer started TurboTax without any problem. Be sure the Firewall is off!.

The firewall issue was discussed before ... some are too vigilant so you either need to shut them off OR allow TT thru.  

2-5-2020:  @Critter  Comment well taken. This, however, does not take TT off the hook from properly vetting their software before selling it to the general public. Many who purchase this software are not tech savvy but just users of software applications.

you are correct most likely the 2019 software was an update to the 2018 program but they should have run every sort of test to insure the software worked.  I suspect the flaw is somewhere deep inside the program and it could take months to find--TT should have a work around to let everyone know so we do not have to rely on the community board for answers

I am having the same issue.  The first activation worked fine.  I ran the application several times and now it is asking to reactivate.  None of Turbotax's suggestions have worked.

2-13-2020: I continue to get periodic requests from TT to re-enter the Activation Code. Even after I have turned off my Norton Antivirus and Smart Firewall. It seems to happen occasionally after receiving TT updates. I have found that NOT ENTERING THE CODE, but rather closing the app, and then re-booting my computer, somehow gets thing back to normal which then allows me to open TT without any issues.  Continue to leave the Antivirus and Firewall off prior to trying to open the app.

This is really ridiculous. I’m tired of applying Band-Aids to this product just to get it to work the way it already should before it was offered for sale to the general public. TT has not gained any respect from me in the way they have handled this fiasco.

Check that the Firewall is off before you start the program!. I had the same problem.

So I am dead in the water and can't do my Tax Return!!

What now??

Needs to be a way to RESET any or all of the 5 allowed activations.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you're using TurboTax CD/Download and have installed and activated the license number, you may receive multiple activation prompts, which results in TurboTax not launching. You can use the link provided below for assistance with the request:

TurboTax 2019 requests license activation at every launch

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is not just a Turbotax Windows problem, I'm having this same problem with the Mac version.

Why are Turbotax programmers so incompetent? Seems like every year its a new problem that somehow every other app I use manages to avoid? A couple years ago it was that Turbotax had to be run from an administrator account (BIG potential security risk, any competent programmer would know that, emphasis on competent). And now this.

Yes!!! Same issue.  I've called twice and eventually got a new, second, activation code.  I used TT and then closed it.  When re-opening 2 days later, it said I needed to update.  It took a while, and afterward it asked me again for an activation code.  This is maddening.  I think I might be DONE with TT after several years of using it.  

I think the problem is when they say there are updates and we say ok and they start the up date the program thinks it is down loading the whole file--Currently I am leaving my computer on and turbo tax open until I finish my return.  I have tried turning off my fire wall but that worked twice then back to activation code after i downloaded an update--any up dates now are minor and mostlikely will not effect any return so skip that function until you are finished and filed

"All available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603"  I am locked out of my TurboTax Home & Business 2019.  Have only used product on this one computer and can now not work on our taxes at all.  Help!!!!

Good Luck.  The best I can tell you is to contact support and tell them your problem.  They should at least be able to get you set up with another download direct from Intuit with a new key code with 5 activations.

Based on my own experience, I doubt that they will be able to fix the issue on your computer.  If you have another computer, try installing it on that computer.

I have a Windows 7 computer that I have used for TurboTax for many years without problem, but once 2019 and activation came along, TurboTax will not stay activated on that computer.  I have spent over three hours on a total of 5 or 6 calls to support without a resolution.  I did get a new key code with 5 activations and was able to successfully download and activate TurboTax on two other computers (not the Windows 7 computer), and activation has stayed in place after even shutting down those computers and restarting them.  When I tried this on the Windows 7 computer, I could exit and relaunch TurboTax without reactivating, but once I turned off my computer and restarted it, TurboTax on the Windows 7 computer would not activate.  And yes, I turned off my firewall, malwarebytes and anti virus when installing and activating, and completely rebooted my entire network before downloading.  The two computers TurboTax works on are on the exact same network.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies