turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Just received my renewal for the TurboTax Deluxe 2019 with a cost of $69.99 but the same product is $10.00 cheaper on your website - why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Just received my renewal for the TurboTax Deluxe 2019 with a cost of $69.99 but the same product is $10.00 cheaper on your website - why?

Prices change all the time.  The prices online right now are for 2018.  2019 has not come out yet.  You are paying to pre-order it.  Actually Desktop Deluxe is 79.99.  You are comparing to the Online Deluxe at 59.99.

Desktop programs 2018  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Online versions https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/ 

@peterjmcgraw   Did you get an email about renewing?  I'm curious.  Did it say the amount?  Did it actually charge you yet? Or does it say when they will start charging your account?  They haven't told us any dates yet and we would like to know.  Does it say a last date to cancel by?

The renewal fee is usually charged the first 2 weeks of November and the last day to cancel is usually right before that date.  

There really is no big Advantage to using the Advantage option any longer and  you can usually buy the program from a reputable dealer for less as the tax season continues ... if you wait until March the price really drops.  So unless you really need the program early you can save money by waiting. 

774 helpful votes

How do I cancel my TurboTax Advantage subscription?

Removing all products in your account will cancel your TurboTax Advantage subscription. Here's how:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account.
  2. Select the TurboTax Advantage tab.
    • If you don't see any products listed, you're in the wrong account. Use our Account Recovery tool to get a list of all your TurboTax accounts, then sign in under a different account.
  3. On the following screen, select Remove Product for each product selected. Once they're all gone, you'll see Your subscription has been canceled.

Tip: If you missed the cancelation deadline for this year's TurboTax product, simply wait until you receive your CD or download, then submit an online refund request within 60 days of receiving your product.

How do I re-enroll?

To re-enroll, sign in with your existing login and select Sign Up Now. Do this by November 4 if you want to pre-order the 2019 tax year product.

After November 4, only 2019 products will be available in TurboTax Advantage, but you can buy 2018 TurboTax products from TurboTax.com, popular retail and electronics stores (Costco, Best Buy, etc.), and online stores such as Amazon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies