Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

@wilkab  no problem
qweet01

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

@goinsd1991 thank u so much, I was thinking the same thing. So hopefully that's what it does
Nikki1

I filed February 4th 2018 today is March 15th 2018 my refund still says processing I live in Bradenton I've no and met over 55 people just to my neighborhood and through the community through work and school and all their shoes on this 45 day hole and it still says processing how is it so many people are still processing but it's funny that Trump gave all these tax breaks and now we're not getting these refunds and I put them on this 45 day hold just on my street three women haven't received how is it possible that all these people are on a 45-day hold and then even on the internet there's thousands more on this processing hold whatever but I'm tax breaks happen and this year and this year we're getting this s*** right they something's going on

Nikki1

And sorry about all the misspelled words talk text isn't working right like it's accident going right but I'm just trying to point out if there's thousands of people on this hold and it still says processing for all of us they're just telling us the s*** cuz something's going on some gave all them tax breaks they put out all that money cuz she get refunds February 22nd  and March 2nd mu freind brother aunt sister got theres and everyone else got the processing hold.  Tax breaks ppl were either not getting it or they going to keep pulling 45 old sh...  Out thr a..  What legal turn will the irs use next to keep your money DONT LET THEM KEEP UR MONEY!!!!!!!
Nikki1

The 45-day hold is for the IRS to catch up on all those tax breaks that Trump gave everybody they put out all this money and I didn't get any money back and they're holding everybody thousands of people I know 40 people right here in my city three women on my street everybody's on this hold to still says processing and you call and they say 45 day hold  this is for them to catch up on their money so April 2nd the 45 day hold is up for everyone iy started febuary  14th The date for all taxes to be filed is april 15th..  Dont let them fool u and dont let them keep ur money.. 

Journey

Mid February could mean from the12th to the 20th not exactly the 15 because February only has 28 days

How do u know when they will update their system? Do I can stop checking everyday smh

WKins2
Expert Alumni

The IRS updates the system every 24 hours during the business week. If you do not have an update that means the IRS does not have one for you at that time. You can stop checking it everyday if you want to, but unfortunately there isn't a way to be notified that the IRS has made an update to your return or refund status. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Abritt95

Hello!

I was just wanting to post for general knowledge. I claim a child on my tax return and just so happened that this year, I filed my return a lot earlier than I normally would. This resulted in my return being accepted by the IRS on January 18th (6 days before the start of tax season) into what is called a test batch. Keep in mind, my return is pretty straightforward as it is literally one W-2 and then the CTC and EITC. That's it. That being said, I have closely monitored my taxes the past couple of years to simply learn the process better. This is the only time I made it in a test batch and I was showing as processing for several days as it made its way through but today my status was updated again. Now, when I call or log in on the IRS site now, it tells me that my return is "complete awaiting deposit, but according to the PATH Act...." and so on. I will update this on the 15th if my deposit arrives then or the next day. Like I said, just figured I would post this to hopefully help some better understand the process!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies