turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hcox6969

It never let me add my W2 form and everything is pending how can I change it to upload my 2020 w2 forms?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

It never let me add my W2 form and everything is pending how can I change it to upload my 2020 w2 forms?

Not sure how you missed the W-2 input section but now it is too late ...

Can I change my return if I already submitted it and you’re holding it until the IRS opens?

No. Once you submit your return, it’s considered to be in pending status. We’ll hold all returns submitted before the IRS opens and submit them when the IRS is open.

Once the IRS either accepts or rejects your return:

• If your return is accepted: If you want to change your return, you’ll need to amend it.
  • If your return is rejected: We'll send you an email to notify you, along with instructions on what to do. You can then open your return and make any changes you would like. Just be sure to fix the reason the return was rejected as well.

The IRS is not accepting returns at this time, so it can sometimes take longer than the initial 24-48 hours before you know if they have accepted or rejected your return. This generally happens around this time when e-filing has not opened yet.  Keep in mind, they will not officially start accepting e-filed returns until February 12th.   A few may be accepted early to start testing their systems, but they would not start processing until on or after 2/12/21.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies