turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cnyrock
Returning Member

Issue with linking 1099-NEC to Schedule C

Although Form 1099-NEC links to Schedule C, I get a red error on the worksheet when in Forms mode. Schedule C is correct. However, on the 1099-NEC worksheet, it shows the lettering in red for some strange reason in the Box 1 area where it says "double click to link to." I want the worksheet to link to the Schedule C, but the worksheet itself won't allow it, even though it shows up successfully on the Schedule C form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

You should not have to link the 1099-NEC to Schedule C if entered in the proper section of the program (the Business Income and Expenses section).

1.png

cnyrock
Returning Member

I've already tried that, but the program will not let me link it to the Schedule C that I want. It wants me to create a whole new schedule C, but I don't want to create a new Schedule C. I have attached 2 images. It calculates correctly on the Schedule C, but it shows an error in red lettering on the NEC worksheet.

trbtxerr1.pngtrbtxerr2.png

There is an issue with entering more than one 1099-NEC currently. 

For example, if I try, using TurboTax Home & Business, to enter more than one 1099-NEC, the second one I enter overwrites the first entry.

Your error may be related to this "bug". Hopefully, the developers will look at this next week and include a fix in the weekly update.

This is a huge issue for me.  I am trying to enter information now.  I have multiple schedule Cs and multiple 1099s for each business.  I don't get an option to select or add other 1099s.  I have been doing this for years.  How is it January 23rd and this isn't figured out yet.  How do I contact TT to urge them to make this a priority? 

cnyrock
Returning Member

Any word on when it will get fixed? All they need to do is change the red lettering to green lettering on the linking part of the NEC worksheets while they all point to the same Schedule C. 

Go to Tax Tools> Tools> Delete a form. Delete 1099 NEC. Run Review. Go to Federal Income and Expenses> Self employment income and enter 1099 NEC info

Thank you Jaya. This option was the only thing (finally) that worked for me. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies