Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

daddyoo

Is anyone having trouble importing etrade

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

See When will I be able to import my 1099? (intuit.com)

If your financial institution is a TurboTax 1099 Import Partner, you'll likely be able to import your 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, 1099-R, 1099-NEC, and 1099-MISC (without entries in boxes 8 or 10) by January 31, 2023. And you'll likely be able to import your 1099-B and 1099-MISC (with entries in boxes 8 or 10) by February 15, 2023. If your brokerage issues a consolidated tax statement with several types of 1099s, which is common, you might not be able to import any of your 1099s until February 15, 2023.

However, this isn't a guarantee. Even if you already got your 1099-B or 1099-MISC in the mail, your institution might not have it ready for import until early March or even later. If your forms aren't ready yet in TurboTax, we'll tell when to expect them.

View solution in original post

43 Replies

See When will I be able to import my 1099? (intuit.com)

If your financial institution is a TurboTax 1099 Import Partner, you'll likely be able to import your 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, 1099-R, 1099-NEC, and 1099-MISC (without entries in boxes 8 or 10) by January 31, 2023. And you'll likely be able to import your 1099-B and 1099-MISC (with entries in boxes 8 or 10) by February 15, 2023. If your brokerage issues a consolidated tax statement with several types of 1099s, which is common, you might not be able to import any of your 1099s until February 15, 2023.

However, this isn't a guarantee. Even if you already got your 1099-B or 1099-MISC in the mail, your institution might not have it ready for import until early March or even later. If your forms aren't ready yet in TurboTax, we'll tell when to expect them.

It's the 15th folks and Etrade Import is still not working!  

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

It appears Etrade said that all of their 1099's are now available to import and download. Please see the following link: Etrade 1099's

@firebird748 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Petros333

I could download a copy of my 1099 from Etrade for printing but it would also not be accepted by TT. On closer inspection, I discovered that Etrade now reports under the name of Morgan Stanley Holdings, LLC which has a different TIN than Etrade has. What this means is that TT must add Morgan Stanley to the list of downloadable 1099s along with its different TIN. When will this fix be made!!!

@Petros333 wrote:

I discovered that Etrade now reports under the name of Morgan Stanley Holdings, LLC which has a different TIN than Etrade has.

Did you have an account with MS/ET and try to import last year (a 2021 1099)? 

Morgan Stanley Holdings, LLC does have a different TIN than E*Trade had but it did not just change this year; it is exactly the same as 2021.

Add me to the count of people that can't import from E*Trade as of 5 PM EST 2/15/2023, but did it successfully in years past.  E*Trade claims the issue is strictly on TurboTax's side.

Yes, I still can't, 5:43 EST, 2:43 PST

CassL, do you have any timeline for the e*trade imports to be fixed?  Thanks.

Import from e*trade (intuit.com)

Import from e*trade

E*TRADE:
(02/15/2023 01:32 PM) (Ref No.: 10257580)
Dear Mr. Spinner,

We appreciate your inquiry regarding importing tax information into TurboTax.

That import should be available tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. If there is anything else that we can do for you please do not hesitate to reach back out to us by secure message, chat, or phone. Our phone number is: x-xxx-xxx-xxxx. We have representatives available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hope that you have a great day!

Sincerely,

Peter Smith
5am-1:45pm MT, Monday through Friday
1-800-ETRADE-x (xxx-xxx-xxxx).
Customer Service Representative, Digital Correspondence
E*TRADE Securities, LLC

Not on the TT

I'm having the same issue.  E-Trade is showing that my 1099 is available.  I ab able to download the information onto my computer; However, Turbotax continues to give me messages that I am unable to import the information.  Each time I attempt, it ways the import attempt was unsuccessful.  Today is the 15th.  As per the initial response on this thread, today should be the day where I can access this information.

@SmittyCan2 

Import from e*trade (intuit.com)

E*TRADE:
(02/15/2023 01:32 PM) (Ref No.: 10257580)
Dear Mr. Spinner,

We appreciate your inquiry regarding importing tax information into TurboTax.

That import should be available tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. If there is anything else that we can do for you please do not hesitate to reach back out to us by secure message, chat, or phone. Our phone number is: x-xxx-xxx-xxxx. We have representatives available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hope that you have a great day!

Sincerely,

Peter Smith
5am-1:45pm MT, Monday through Friday
1-800-ETRADE-x (xxx-xxx-xxxx).
Customer Service Representative, Digital Correspondence
E*TRADE Securities, LLC

Same here!! 

Ditto. Get it straight y'all. You've had a long time to test and get this right.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies