Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone having trouble importing etrade

Well, not only is it not working but the message has changed back to the original one, "1099 forms not available for user". They have digressed.

Why is it e*trade and no other brokerage? My TDAmeritrade 1099 was available and downloaded a week ago.

They are both incompetent.

Import from e*trade (intuit.com)

E*TRADE:
(02/15/2023 01:32 PM) (Ref No.: 10257580)
Dear Mr. Spinner,

We appreciate your inquiry regarding importing tax information into TurboTax.

That import should be available tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. If there is anything else that we can do for you please do not hesitate to reach back out to us by secure message, chat, or phone. Our phone number is: x-xxx-xxx-xxxx. We have representatives available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hope that you have a great day!

Sincerely,

Peter Smith
5am-1:45pm MT, Monday through Friday
1-800-ETRADE-x (xxx-xxx-xxxx).
Customer Service Representative, Digital Correspondence
E*TRADE Securities, LLC

I am going out on a limb here but it seems to me that the MMS to make more people get in after they false inflate price. Just my opinion. I am starting to think most everything is rigged against working people

It still does not "woik!" Making me go cRaCkErS

Etrade saying February 18. Wait couple more days.

Mine finally worked this morning.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, you may want to try a different browser or try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. Please see How do I delete cookies? and How to clear your cache for more information.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you. 

@528hz 

The issue is fixed now, after an update for the desktop products and, presumably, for online users.

yet_another_chris
Returning Member

Still not working for me. I keep getting the following error on multiple browsers and in Incognito Mode:

Something unexpected happened.
Try again in a few hours. (101)

This is pretty inconvenient as E*TRADE is the only outstanding item that's pending.

Thank you for replying , but i am using the desktop version.  Maybe there will be an update that can fix this or maybe it will be corrected at the etrade side soon. Update...it finally worked this evening. (Happy Dance) I hope it is working now for everyone else who was having trouble B4 as well. Thanks again.

Wonders never cease...mine finally worked this evening! (Feb 16th) Using desktop version. It is my sincere hope that everyone else who was having trouble B-4 is now able to import from the etrade. Thanks to the good folks who replied in a kind attempt to help. Have a groovy day.

cdaa
Level 2

It is now 16 March.  I had no problem importing the original 1099 B from E Trade with my desktop Home and Business version.  However, E trade has corrected twice.  Using a test form, I deleted the original imports for dividends and  sales and tried to import the current version.  It continues to download the original.  The dividend portion can be fixed  easily, but not the stock portion.  like others, I purchased this version to download all my data and automatically update the forms.  I called E trade, they gave me "their" number for the problem.  it ended up being a Turbo Tax number answered by a robot who gave me general 1099 info.  This is going around in circles. What is the problem?

I wish i had an answer for you. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. (Yes, it was happening even back then.)  I could not get anywhere with getting it fixed. It kept downloading the original.  I finally just gave up with trying to get it resolved by phone calls & "robot answers" and just took the time to manually update all of the information to what was corrected. (Not fun at all.) It took a very long time and was very frustrating to have to manually make the updates and double check to ensure i typed it all totally correct. This is something that i wish would get fixed. I thought that by now it would have been resolved. I know this answer is not much help, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with this frustration. (I also wish there was a deadline date for corrected 1099's to be posted by.)  I sincerely hope you can get resolution on this. Best of luck to you.

cdaa
Level 2

Thank you for your reply.  Last year, I had my taxes filed  before the first correction came out and a second correction came out later in May.  I had to amend twice, but then I didn't try to download the new version but typed changes into the forms.  E Trade  trade had notations next to the changes.  I don't see that this year in the support data but I will look closer.  This year, I was waiting for a 1099 NEC so I haven't filed yet.  I guess I'll keep playing with my test form until I can get agreement with the latest 1099.  The Dividends portion is easy, but not the sales.

My issue was easily fixed by correct spelling. E*Trade has an asterisk in the name... so it's "E*Trade", not "ETrade". 🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies