turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Thank you very much for your response, I'll keep you updated, again thanks for the time you spent to read of my situation, may the Lord bless us during this tough time, God bless you and family.

I got my refund deposited on July 1!!!! I filed on the 25th just like you. I am so hoping the stimulus money is right behind this refund deposit! I just wanted everyone to know that it looks like the wheels are finally turning over there! Cross fingers!

BT82
Level 2

Ok, thanks @ELeone 

I didn’t file till late March so I probably won’t be getting mine til end of July/early August. 

Oh you will definitely be getting your hero soon... I filed mine late March as well and I just received my income tax Tuesday. I was told by the IRS representative that once the income tax is released give it about a week or two before the stimulus is that trigger to be released as well. 

She told me I would receive my income tax around July 3rd.... I was pleasantly surprised when I received it on June 30th.  

I'm voice texting read between the lines please. Lol

TMG5
Level 2

Will this apply to injured spouses who received their refunds before the lockdowns but still haven’t received their portion of the stimulus? My stimulus was offset due to my husband’s CS. I filed in January and received my refund in March but they took my portion of the stimulus. 

Oh my that's a good question. Idk... With thatsaid as I read the other comments and replies on here it seems like we're all kind of getting more less the same response.... now that they're somewhat back in office or working from home or whatever it is IRS is doing right now t...working on the injured spouse claims and it looks like all of us should be receiving it by late July or early August. I got a hold of them by calling them early in the morning 7 a.m. I wish I could remember what option I picked... If I'm not mistaken I kept pressing 0 till I was placed on hold until representative came on. She was right about me receiving my income tax so I believe the stimulus is certainly coming as well. 

TMG5
Level 2

Thank you so much for the response. I’m trying to remain optimistic. 

What number did you call? The number I call never puts me to a live person and then eventually it ends the call because there are no options left for me to select. 

1. The IRS telephone number is [phone number removed], and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.
  2. The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
  3. Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
  4. Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
  5. Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
  6. Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
  7. When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
  8. After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
  9. Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
  10. Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

It removed the number you put can you spell the number out using words instead of actual numbers I think it did it automatically. Lol

Eight hundred ..eight two nine...one zero four zero

It's the ususal number for the irs.

Ends in 1040

Correct

Drie
Level 4

@Italianones  Can I ask shat town or state so you reside in. Because in Connecticut we were told to not send in another one.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies