Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

How do you know this? 

I was told this on the phone with IRS 

BT82
Level 2

This is interesting. I was just told 3 hours ago by an IRS staff I reached on the 800 number that those who filed IS whose actual tax returns have been delayed in processing will receive their portion of the stimulus once their IS form is filed and they are thinking this may be done within the next 4 weeks. She said that if I don’t here anything or any updates on the check your refund site, then to call back the week of 8/3 and they should have updated information as they have more staff working now but all staff are scheduled to return 7/31. She said IS is their top priority right now and they are completing forms in the order received so if u you filed 2/25 versus 3/25 then obviously 2/25 will be completed first. I was unable to file until 3/27 due to not having all my W2’s and she said that I have been assigned a case worker which she stated is good news as then she knows it is being worked on, so if you filed before 3/27 you should potentially be receiving your refund and/or stimulus payment soon. Now this is according to this IRS agent so take it with a grain of salt as it seems each IRS staff is giving out different info. And she honestly said, they are getting updates day by day so no staff truly knows what the absolute correct answer is. 

Well that is a bit of encouraging information. I reached out to two local news stations and told them about the IS situation for stimulus and said I felt it needed to be addressed in the media so that people understood what has and is happening and maybe get some straight answers from the IRS. 

Well I guess they're just telling everybody different information because well my husband claimed to me so my stimulus money was taken along with his but I didn't find out about the injured spouse form until after the fact so I filled out the injured spouse form mailed in May 2nd so it is now 9 weeks and I've been calling and today when I call they didn't see any record of the injured spouse form being filed in my file at the time but told me to call back on after 45 days on August 1st so I don't know I'm just going to stop calling and just do what they said call back 45 days after August 1st

Well I woke up to a DDD for my refund finally. Next week. So lets see if my stimulus payment will show up as well since my IS form was finally processed. I'm not counting on it but maybe I will get lucky. Will update if anything good happens. 

I finally got my income tax return. But no stimulus yet and I did file the form for injured spouse. It's been a week and still no stimulus. IRS said dont file another form so I'm just waiting.

BT82
Level 2

@ELeone  May I ask what day you filed your return? February or March? Glad to here you got your return at least!! Still waiting for mine. 

I filed Feb 25th

BT82
Level 2

@Dhutch05 And you received your return already?

I filed February 8th.

Not yet. Just got a DDD for next week. 

Filed on Feb 25th with IS form

I don't want to sound dumb, but was is DDD? Direct Deposit Date? Did you get that from a live agent or on the IRS get my refund tool?

Direct deposit date. I looked at my tax transcripts online. 

Perfect, thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies