Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

If you filed jointly then you share income.  I would still file one to be on the safe side. 

I filed my taxes through turbo tax in February with my injured spouse forms, received my refund but still have not received my stimulus check.  We also moved April 15 but everything was filed electronically. How do I get this corrected and now they are talking about more payments coming out what is the best thing to do because you can not call or email to get anything figured out.

thank you for any information 

Does it look like the error was made regardless of whether your "injured spouse" form was processed or not? And in some cases, even when there was no arrears, but may have been at some point in the past. From various forums and even many answers on this thread, I gathered that if your spouse's SSN was ever associated with any child support case, then the whole refund was seized in most cases. Can someone confirm that this is correct understanding? 

Did you get direct deposit ? If so it should not be a problem

WOW!!!!

That is GREAT! at least you received you refund.  I filed taxes in Feb along with my IS form and I still have not received a refund or Stimulus check.  How can anyone on this forum get excited about a 2nd Stimulus Check when we have not even received the 1st check... With the under the HEROES Act the 2nd round of payment is stating that money wouldn't be taken for back taxes or any other debts owed to the state or govt.  Hopefully we all won't have to go thru this again.... THIS IS A BIG MESS...SMDH 

I have direct deposit and did not get anything. Has anyone on this thread get at least one? 

So if you moved it does not matter because you did direct deposit.  Have you gotten on the get my payment 

Yes and it said it was scheduled to be sent to my bank 4/15 my bank has not received it I have checked several times. My account is still the same from when I did taxes and the the last four they show it going to is correct.  I'm just at a loss and could use that money right now .

@TnDj16 , then you are in the same position as most of us here. I don't think anyone saw a single payment. We got the paper addressed to me and my husband that half of the refund was being offset, but not the second letter like many others did. Just one to both of us. And my husband's ex already got the half they offset. So no idea where is the other half that is mine is sitting right now and why they can't just reverse these out. My "get my payment" status also says direct deposited on 5/6 and there is nothing, not my half either. 

@olechka79 @Yeah we moved and they forwarded the letter to my husband but the one addressed to use both is MIA

@mzvalerie @That would be nice wouldn't it to actually receive the money they say is to help us but so many of us have to beg for its because they can't make it simple

DawnC
Expert Alumni

For your tax refund - go here

For your stimulus payment - go here 

Regarding the stimulus payment and Injured Spouse Claims, see Q and A #32

If you are married filing jointly and you filed an injured spouse claim with your 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return), half of the total Payment will be sent to each spouse and your spouse’s Payment will be offset only for past-due child support. There is no need to file another injured spouse claim for the Payment.

The IRS is aware that in some instances a portion of the payment sent to a spouse who filed an injured spouse claim with his or her 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if no 2019 tax return has been filed) has been offset by the non-injured spouse’s past-due child support. The IRS is working with the Bureau of Fiscal Service and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Child Support Enforcement, to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. If you filed an injured spouse claim with your return and are impacted by this issue, you do not need to take any action. The injured spouse will receive their unpaid half of the total payment when the issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DawnC  your response are redundant information.. what we want to know is? when will the "glitch" be resolved? and what is the timeline from May 8th when they noticed the glitch?? 

@InjuredSpouseN3kids 

All that is known is what the IRS has posted ... they know there was an issue and they are working on it however it will take time and human attention. 

How can we issue second payment before everyone gets the first one that was due to them??? It blows my mind that this issue has yet to be addressed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies