Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Did you see if it got deposit to correct account? Also did you give your husband ss? I had to do that because mine showed know offset til I gave his..Its a hassle an so unfair hope you resolve it soon 

Hi . Did you filed injured spouse by your own or somebody do it for you ? 
im thinking if I can do it by myself , too ? 
thanks. 

This year I did mine alone..i was scared st first but i think i did it right 

Can you help me to file a injured spouse stimulus tax return

I can walk u through it if you private mssg me 

I saw on the child support website that only $1,450 was given to the ex spouse, so the rest is just being held at OAG department? If they are not distributing, why are not they sending it back to the IRS? They obviously know they cannot distribute the money. Our TOS does show two offsets of $1,450. 

Drie
Level 4

To update everyone the Injured spouse department has not reopened yet as of 5/19/20 so yet again we are not important due to the men we chose to marry and how we chose to file. I, just let an IRS employee know that is is unjust and unfair how they treat us due to a form that we chose to utilize. I let her know why are the children on these child support orders more important than our children. And also that many men are not all bad. She said have I ever thought of filing separately why does that matter. The IRS has no sympathy for us not realizing we work and pay taxes as well. They take our taxes but we have to wait over 3 months to get it back every year after we file the same form every year. 2020 has shown me so many things about IRS and the Government all I can say is that I am glad I am as educated as I am and that my family will always have a roof, food and a good life no matter what. We are all a number to them period. And , I hung up on her due to her lack of sympathy and continuous excuses.

@Drie 

Going forward you could make sure that you have no refund on the return each year so you don't need to file an injured spouse form and deal with the bureaucracy.  Change your withholding appropriately.  

I don’t work for the IRS, but she should know that an injured spouse cannot file separately if we live together....otherwise, I would be filing separately. My husband spoke with his ex and she got his portion of the garnished stimulus on 5/4 (no news on my half though). 

Ofcourse they would love us to file separate that way we end up paying taxes..I had heard irs open then got happy until I seen that department was not open 

I am having troubles filing out the form. Where do I indicate this inquiry is in regards to the COVID-19 stimulus package?

Thank you

I am not sure you can go to the website irs and read about the covid form . I posted about child support taking my money due to child support because of welfare when my parents had my son . i am going to be posting a big post here in a few minutes braking down how there are ripping people off you can call it taxing us  hope you like what i will be posting yvonne

I’m in the same boat. I filed injured spouse in 2018, haven’t filed my 2019. . I have a deposit date of April 15th...never received it. I even received the letter in the mail with the same deposit date...no mention of offset. My account number is correct, also.

It's over stressing 

Mdrob0426

If I normally don’t file injured spouse bc you don’t work but your spouse does do you get any stimulus cash?  I don’t qualify for the traditional IS relief for tax refunds bc I have zero taxable income. So will the irs see this and deny me? I mean we even had to pay in this year for income taxes. We don’t get a refund.  So I have no idea if or when I’ll get my stimulus  that was stolen from me unfairly 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies