Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I completed the 8379 with my taxes and got a letter on the stimulus that says they kept it and to fill out an 8379.  I have not gotten my tax refund or stimulus and now I can only wait until there is a tax payer advocate available to fight this for me because it was submitted. The tax-payer advocates office vm is full.  There is no help anywhere!

I submitted the form 8379 with my taxes and they took stimulus anyways and told me to file.  Now I am waiting on my tax refund and the stimulus. 

My stimulus was intercepted and I already filled out an injured spouse form for my 2019 taxes. Here's the mess up tho, the stimulus was actually split right down the middle in the amount of $1700 each($3400 total). Weren't they only suppose to take $1200 from her and send me $2400? Will I get $1700 back or $2400

Drie
Level 4

@Jennylou777  It was all done in error some people did receive their partial payments of their stimulus even though they filed 8379 forms. But, many didn’t I feel the ones that fell victim are the ones forms that were either not done yet. And the ones that are still waiting on returns due to the IRS being shut down.

I have done my 2019 returns, on Feburary 14th, and included an Injured Spouse form 8379. Still they sent stimulus check to my wife's exhusband.

Drie
Level 4

@JonQ79 @They did the same thing to me split it right in half. But you should receive 2400 if that is what your share is supposed to be.

Drie
Level 4

I did my taxes that same day wow, I haven’t received my taxes yet and didn’t get my stimulus. But the people you feel that got it they didn’t. The states are holding on to the monies for 6 months to give people like us time to get it back.

Is there anyway to find out if the IRS has already processed the injured spouse form? I filed injured spouse, and the IRS still took my stimulus payment for child support that my husband owes. We have not received our tax refund yet. Is there anyway that turbotax/intuit can find out what's going on with our taxes? or Can Intuit find out if my injured spouse form. has been processed?

DP01
Level 3

Is the 6 mos giving them time to get it straightened out or do we have to do that ourselves.  I'm still confused as to whether we are to mail in another 8379 form for our portion, but I appreciate all the information y'all are providing.  (I do feel none of it should have been taken since it was to be provided to cover expenses during job furloughs, layoffs and pay cuts.)  Here's a link to a petition to President Trump for support of injured spouses:   http://chng.it/ghrgmBFm5K  Please sign it if you feel the need.  Thanks to all for support and input.

UPDATE:  I just clicked on the link myself and it did not work although I copied the link from the petition on the "copy link" button.  So, my apologies.  You can go to change.org and type "injured spouses" in the search and the petition will be at the top of the list.

Nope I didn't get a dime. The letter addressed to my wife and me said they sent $1700 to the TX Attorney General Office Child Support Unit109 and the letter my received just addressed to her said the exact same thing

And like I said i have filed an IS form 8379 every year for at least the last 15yrs

I have also signed thebpetitiin and got a fewer people to sign. 

To those that have gotten their refund, I'm happy for you. We have to continue to call as many agencies and as many times to exhaust them and show them we won't give up until they change the process. 

Drie
Level 4

@anonymous121  This was done in error and no you don’t have to refill. Read the thread me and another member found out from the treasury today.

Drie
Level 4

@cscrisson @We will receive our monies it will take up to 8 weeks after April 15th but I am hopeful it will come

No I have called every phone number listed on the internet for the IRS and cannot find any way to talk to a human. But I did just send a complaint email to the Office of the Inspector General about the situation. Like I said I'm a disabled Veteran and sometimes you have to jump the chain of command and go straight to the top.

Drie
Level 4

@cscrisson @Agreed thanks for serving the country 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies