Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Drie
Level 4

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Question did you already receive the notice stating your money was taken already and she advised you to do this or you havent receive any letters yet

Drie
Level 4

I am so livid my $1200 and my son $500 was taken there is no help form turbo tax. Besides her saying not to do the form again but this is what the paper said to do.

Ok, so then my question is, if we do not need to file another form, why was it taken in the first place and when can we expect to receive our half of the stimulus?

Turbotax any answers?
IRS stimulus website states a deposit date of April 15th with our correct Direct Deposit info

I filed 2018 and 2019 taxes through TubroTax  along with injured spouse forms 

2018 was granted and we received a partial tax return- no word on 2019 taxes 

today my husband received an offset letter and a 2nd letter was addressed to myself and my husband regarding an offset. 

the letter states to file an injured spouse form agents stating not to file a 2nd- IRS states the responsible spouse will have their stimulus payment and a separate check will be sent to the injured spouse... 

the money is gone that’s fine but why the run around?? Why take my money when it’s stated it won’t be taken? Why state not to file a speedster injured spouse form and then be told to? 

a straight answer would be helpful! 

@Scaldy I contacted the treasury department today and they told me I need to file another injured spouse form for the stimulus money..I told her I filed one for my taxes she said to do another one. Now I don’t know what to do.. 

@Doubleh914  I am in the same boat. I filed my taxes and did the injured spouse and was told today by the treasury department that both my tax refund and my entire stimulus check including mine and my two children (that aren’t his) went to his back child support! I am furious! I filed the injured spouse form and now I am not sure if I need to file another one for the stimulus. The treasury lady told me too but this whole entire thread says not to! I am so confused and mad! 

@holly9  When did you file the injured spouse form? I filed my taxes feb 27th with turbo tax and sent my form the same day via mail. I called the irs and they said it wasn’t received so I mailed another one via certified mail and it says when I checked the status of the mail that they received it March 13th..they have my entire tax refund to child support March 3rd and also my entire stimulus including my kids. So I am not sure how to find out if they even processed my injured spouse because they aren’t open. I am so frustrated with this whole process! I’m not sure why I haven’t heard anything back. My husband had no income it was all mine so this is ridiculous!  

I am going through the same thing @janettealba i got the same two letters today. Each one says $1450 was taken. And the TOP TRACE #s are different. I just don’t get the two separate payments of the same amount.

One is your spouses stimulus and one is your stimulus. 

Has anyone talked to the IRS today? 

Yeah I get that each paper is one of ours. But I don’t get why they put one in both names and one just his name. Each states $1450 but have different TOP TRACE numbers. Both letters state child support is getting our money. I could see if one said his name and the debt. I just don’t get the other one and why it says the same info just different TOP TRACE #s

Drie
Level 4

Same thing with me my checks were for the same amounts. This is so **bleep** confusing, I haven’t received my regular taxes yet. So, how am I supposed to file another Injured spouse form when the first darn one wasn’t approved 🤦🏾‍♀️

Drie
Level 4

Thank you it shouldn’t have been intercepted especially if they saw that people filed injured spouse

I am so confused along with you.  I was told to do the same thing. File another Injured Spouse form for the Stimulus payment. However,  that it will take another 8 weeks before I can receive a payment.  SMDH this is so messed up!!!

Has anyone gotten an update, on wether we should file another Injured spouse form. I’ve tried calling the IRS and I haven’t been able to get anywhere. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies