Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cadlybadly
Returning Member

Ineligible for efiling because lines in 1040 are blank, what do I edit and how to fill them?

The lines my 1040 are missing are the following: 7b, 8b, 12a, 12b, 13b, 16, and 19.

I have a singular 1099-MISC to file for the year, and work as an independent contractor under a single company. I filed last year with a 1099-MISC from a different company and had no issues, though I also had a w-2 for Walmart. Is this error caused by my lack of w-2 this year? What am I doing wrong, and how can I get the proper info into this form so that I can file my taxes? What do I edit? This is my first year filing only with a 1099-MISC, so I was kind of expecting that I would manage to do something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Ineligible for efiling because lines in 1040 are blank, what do I edit and how to fill them?

How did you enter the 1099-MISC? 

Which TurboTax program are you using? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did it fill out a schedule C for it?  Do you have a Net Profit after expenses?  Schedule C goes to schedule 1 line 12 Business Income.  Which gets added to 1040 line 6

cadlybadly
Returning Member

I'm using turbotax self employed, the basic edition of it available online. 

I added the 1099-MISC by following the step-by-step prompts to do so in the program, which took me to the "Your income and expenses" page. There is a tab under this which says "self-employment income and expenses" which I am able to edit or add things to. I opened this edit/add link, it shows my current form of employment (app based delivery driving) and offers the option to add other forms of employment. when I edit my current form of employment, there is a category for adding income for this work, where I was prompted to input my 1099-MISC information. This page also allows me to edit expenses (ie vehicle, communications etc). There is no other place I was prompted to or have been able to find to put in my 1099-MISC info. Did I miss something along the way?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies