Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Imported 1099s DIV &INT from 5 Fidelity accounts; only data from 4 accounts appears in TTx income. Started re-imported missing 1099, but it already shows as downloaded.

I imported 1099-DIV & 1099-INT from 5 Fidelity accounts; but only data from 4 accounts appears in TurboTax "Dividends and Interest" under Personal Income section.  Started re-imported the missing account's 1099s , but noticed they already show as imported.  The Dividend and Interest amounts are listed in the import list, but not in the Income section.  Using TurboTax Home and Business 2019 Windows.  Any help would be MUCH appreciated?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Imported 1099s DIV &INT from 5 Fidelity accounts; only data from 4 accounts appears in TTx income. Started re-imported missing 1099, but it already shows as downloaded.

Sometimes when multiple accounts are imported from the same financial institution one or more of them will be overwritten (i.e.erased and replaced by one of the other accounts).  You can attempt to import it again, or you can manually enter it.  If the data isn't showing in the Forms, you can be sure it's not going to show up on your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Check your forms (click on Forms in the upper right corner) and see if the information is included there.  On the Personal Income page, they all may not show because of space limitation; it is a summary page.  But if you click on Update next to each category, you should see the detailed information for all 5 accounts.  

Thanks Dawn for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, the data does NOT show in Forms.  Neither the 1099 DIV nor 1099 INT for the missing account are there.  But they were listed as successful imports (and the corresponding $ figures) in the import section.  I just spoke with an online agent who looked at my screen, and I also sent a return file - he opened a case.  The only suggestion is to input the missing data manually, but I am concerned that the income data might be double counted somewhere, as the Import showed as successful.   But to your point, it is not reflected in the Forms.

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Sometimes when multiple accounts are imported from the same financial institution one or more of them will be overwritten (i.e.erased and replaced by one of the other accounts).  You can attempt to import it again, or you can manually enter it.  If the data isn't showing in the Forms, you can be sure it's not going to show up on your return.

Thanks David, overwritten data from the same source makes a lot of sense.  "If the data isn't showing in the Forms, you can be sure it's not going to show up on your return."  <-- that was my key concern.  I will go ahead and enter the data manually -- tomorrow when I am fresh.  But thanks to you and Dawn for the quick and helpful replies! Much appreciated.

Imported 1099s DIV &amp;INT from 5 Fidelity accounts; only data from 4 accounts appears in TTx income. Started re-imported missing 1099, but it already shows as downloaded.

I am having this same problem.  I have 4 accounts on my 1099, but only 3 show up in my TT import.  The fourth account doesn't show up in summary or in forms.

The only way forward is manual entry for the fourth account.  This is not acceptable.

This problem is completely repeatable for me.  Why isn't it being fixed?

Imported 1099s DIV &amp;INT from 5 Fidelity accounts; only data from 4 accounts appears in TTx income. Started re-imported missing 1099, but it already shows as downloaded.

I just got a letter from the IRS stating that I under-reported my dividends in 2021, and after digging into my old return, I discovered that I was bitten by this same bug. I have two accounts at Fidelity, and while data was imported from both, one of them didn't make it to my return. Unfortunately, I didn't catch this before submitting my return, and now I owe $20k, including interest. Does anyone know if I have any recourse here?

Manually enter it is not a good answer when a brokerage statement may have hundreds of transactions.  The same thing is happening to me for my 2023 return.  When I downloaded a Vanguard account, the 
TRowePrice downloads disappeared.

Additional info.  and possible solution:  Each time you finish editing one account (Ownership, State for exempt interest, US Gov't Interest, etc.  save and close TurboTax.       I have 3 Fidelity brokerage accounts, one Vanguard brokerage account and one TRowePrice Mutual Fund account.  Unfortunately TRP assigns a different account # to each mutual fund, so I had to  edit a total of 8 accounts.  Each time I finished  one, and downloaded another, the previous one disappeared.   After reading this thread,  I closed and reopened the program before re-downloading the disappeared 1099, and   the previous ones were still there.  Hooray!! 

Thanks for the tip! I hit this bug on my 2021 return, and had already filed my 2022 return by the time the IRS notified me about it. Fortunately, through pure luck, my 2022 return seems to be fine. I'm just getting started on my 2023 return, and will keep your tip in mind.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies