Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

js3060

Can I do more than one return with turbo tax deluxe?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you are using the Desktop version, you can prepare multiple returns. You get 5 free Federal e-files.

If you are using the Online version, to prepare another return you must create an other account. If you use the same account to prepare another return, that return will overwrite yours.

View solution in original post

@Jadima The following is from the TurboTax Desktop License Agreement.

General License Grant you may: (I) install and use a copy of the Software on one or more computers owned by you (at home or at work); (ii) use the Software only to prepare, print and/or electronically file federal 2019 tax year returns and related state tax returns as described below; (iii) make one backup copy of the Software for personal use as permitted under this license grant; and (iv) any software that is delivered by electronic transmission (regardless of whether a replacement copy is ordered) shall be deemed delivered on the date that Intuit makes such program available for download.

You are not licensed or permitted under this Agreement to do any of the following: (1) allow any other person to use the Software; (2) rent, loan, resell, distribute, or redistribute the original CD or a copy of the Software to any other person or entity; (3) make the Software available on any file-sharing or application hosting service; (4) electronically send the Software to any other person; (5) copy the printed materials or user documentation accompanying the Software other than as necessary to support the uses permitted above; (6) use the Software for any commercial purpose (i.e., tax return preparation for a fee or other consideration); or (7) use the Software to electronically file more than five federal returns. Any person who received the Software through any of the forgoing prohibited methods, or through any method other than purchasing a license for this Software from Intuit or an Intuit authorized retailer, is not authorized to use such Software.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/desktop.jsp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If you are using the Desktop version, you can prepare multiple returns. You get 5 free Federal e-files.

If you are using the Online version, to prepare another return you must create an other account. If you use the same account to prepare another return, that return will overwrite yours.
Jadima
Returning Member

If I buy Deluxe download will I be able to use it on different computers for different returns, incl. different OS - Mac and Windows?

@Jadima The following is from the TurboTax Desktop License Agreement.

General License Grant you may: (I) install and use a copy of the Software on one or more computers owned by you (at home or at work); (ii) use the Software only to prepare, print and/or electronically file federal 2019 tax year returns and related state tax returns as described below; (iii) make one backup copy of the Software for personal use as permitted under this license grant; and (iv) any software that is delivered by electronic transmission (regardless of whether a replacement copy is ordered) shall be deemed delivered on the date that Intuit makes such program available for download.

You are not licensed or permitted under this Agreement to do any of the following: (1) allow any other person to use the Software; (2) rent, loan, resell, distribute, or redistribute the original CD or a copy of the Software to any other person or entity; (3) make the Software available on any file-sharing or application hosting service; (4) electronically send the Software to any other person; (5) copy the printed materials or user documentation accompanying the Software other than as necessary to support the uses permitted above; (6) use the Software for any commercial purpose (i.e., tax return preparation for a fee or other consideration); or (7) use the Software to electronically file more than five federal returns. Any person who received the Software through any of the forgoing prohibited methods, or through any method other than purchasing a license for this Software from Intuit or an Intuit authorized retailer, is not authorized to use such Software.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/desktop.jsp

Hokujelly

I usually do my daughter’s taxes can I still use the same turbo tax if I buy one?

Hokujelly

Another account and use the same TurboTax ?

with the desktop version you can e-file 5 federal returns for free. there are e-filing charges for state returns and the sate program is an additional fee or you can buy a version that contains both the federal and 1 free state

with online you need a separate a/c (unique user ID) for each return but they can share the same e-mail address

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies