turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kmic
Level 2

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

No - my issues were solved by using a different website to file my 2019 taxes. 
I hope someone from TurboTax comes along to answer your question!

Mar
Level 3

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

Yes, I got my tax transcripts from the IRS and confirmed the AGI I was entering was correct.  It is the same one from my 2018 TurboTax return, but my return was still rejected.  I tried emailing OfficeofthePresident @ Intuit.com but they just claim that the IRS has a problem with their database and that I will have to mail in my return.  I don't think they have any intention of fixing the bug in the software.

Hello, My federal tax for 2019 is rejected ,and as per Turbo Tax it took me to the page where i enter my spouse AGI sighting it could be wrong. But its not.

I guess two reason

1. using SSN this time for her instead of ITIN (she newly got SSN this year)

2. filed on last day on 15th last year. As per IRS Transcript it shows return date is 4/15 processing date is 4/29. Is this causing issue

Can i go ahead and put 0 for her AGI so I guess it will work, But will that be ok to put 0.

or should i have to file paper filing. what is the guarantee the paper will be accepted

Pls suggest

Not sure what day you did the eFile, but there was a TurboTax update on 4/24 that resolved my similar issue.

When I went through the TurboTax screens to see why it was rejected, the AGI number was correct and I didn't change it. I went through the remaining steps and did the eFile again - The return was accepted by the IRS...

Thanks Dan.

I only tried to file today and got rejected on same day in couple of hours. 

How many attempts i can try to file with Turbo Tax Premier. What if i get rejected again,

Did you notice TurboTax doing an update the 23rd or the 24th? There was a specific update that addressed this issue. You can check within the application to see if you have the latest version.

I did update today 4/25. Also I found that TurboTax put $0 for her AGI, and I overwrite with correct amount but still got rejected. 
Can I try as many times filing? Also what if I put $0 for AGI and file? Will that cause any IRS audit. Thanks 

I don't know what the limits are, but I tried a number of different changes and eFiled 4 or 5 times; didn't seem to be any issue with doing that.

Again, my success came with using the correct AGI number. I went to the IRS and verified the number was correct. 

@Lane Sharmane 

Interesting bit of troubleshooting work. Congratulations.

Why is this marked "best answer" when it does not address the issue or mention other solutions that won't make you wait months for a refund or stimulus check? See page 8.

You can look that transcript up instantly at IRS.gov.

You are correct. In my case it was not an IRS problem or something I was doing wrong. It is a Turbotax bug sending in the wrong AGI no matter what you enter in the "correction" box.

I also had the AGI doesn't match problem, but a TurboTax update on 4/23 corrected this problem and my eFile was successful..

Mar
Level 3

I tried re-filing today with the online version  I clicked through My Info and reset the AGI  to the same (correct) number.  I still get rejected with a code of IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-selected PIN from last year does not match IRS record.  My husband is the primary taxpayer listed on the program and there is no option to send (or reset) his PIN.  The AGI is correct as verified by IRS tax transcript from our joint 2018 tax return.  I wonder if the people who have now been able to successfully refile are the primary tax filers listed on the return.

The only thing I can think of is TurboTax may not of applied the fix to the online version; I use the desktop version. I would try the TurboTax help option and ask that question.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies