turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I printed out my 1040. I hit the transmit return button. It said unable to efile one or more formats. does it mean it went thru? I even got an order number

HELP, I wanted to go back & start over, i put the wrong tax year info in. But, it wasnt giving me the option. I was hitting the transmit button, but it kept saying unable to efile one or more formats. does that mean my paperwork is already sent over to the IRS? I was able to print out the 1040 with an order number. But everytime i hit the button to transmit my returns it won't go thru. Im stuck
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

I printed out my 1040. I hit the transmit return button. It said unable to efile one or more formats. does it mean it went thru? I even got an order number

No, if you got the message unable to file, that means your return didn't go through. You can reopen it to make the correction.

• Click on that line or the word SHOW to expand that section.
  • Select "Add a State" and click. (that doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return back up.)
  • Once the return is open, you can resume working on your return to make any corrections.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much! I got scared cause i thought it went thru. I got 2 different refund amounts but was unable to file both times. I purchased self employed ( by mistake) so am i stuck with it and to just go ahead and fix everything and submit again? Will i receive an email once it hit transmit and it goes thru? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Yes. You will receive an email you have submitted your return. 

You will also receive an email once your federal and state have been accepted or rejected. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies