Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Purchased a used turbotax cd. I finished my taxes but can't efile because it's already registered on another computer. How can I efile?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Purchased a used turbotax cd. I finished my taxes but can't efile because it's already registered on another computer. How can I efile?

I'm not sure who you purchased a "used" CD from, but you got scammed.

TurboTax desktop software is sold to be utilized by one user on that user's computer(s) only.  It is a violation of the end-user agreement to sell or purchase software that has already been registered on another computer.

You won't be able to e-file your return using this software.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

then how come there are hundreds  of them for sale used on Ebay and Facebook marketplace.

I bought used until 2019 tax year...

... then for my 2020 taxes  I bought one on facebook...

I got half way thru my taxes and it asked for the code...then locked me out saying registered to someone else.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies