Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just efiled my state (IN) and federal taxes with turbo tax. The home page shows the federal taxes "filed with turbo tax". But the state taxes doesn't. Problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

I just efiled my state (IN) and federal taxes with turbo tax. The home page shows the federal taxes "filed with turbo tax". But the state taxes doesn't. Problem?

Until your federal return has been processed and accepted, your state return will show as incomplete. Once your federal return has been accepted, your state return will show as processing and then accepted or rejected by your state.

If your state return is still showing as incomplete after your federal return has been accepted, you might not have submitted your state return. This can happen if some of your state forms were not finalized when you tried to e-file your state at the same time as e-filing your federal return.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

That is nothing to worry about.  The fact that your state return shows "pending" confirms that it was e-filed successfully through TurboTax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Until your federal return has been processed and accepted, your state return will show as incomplete. Once your federal return has been accepted, your state return will show as processing and then accepted or rejected by your state.

If your state return is still showing as incomplete after your federal return has been accepted, you might not have submitted your state return. This can happen if some of your state forms were not finalized when you tried to e-file your state at the same time as e-filing your federal return.

Related Information:

Thank you for the speedy reply...

My Fed tax return shows accepted as of about 3 hours ago. It's section on the home page shows

Filed Federal Tax Return
Filed with: TurboTax Deluxe
Federal Refund: $XXXX
Return Status: Accepted

The state tax section however still only shows

Filed Indiana Tax Return
IN Refund: $XXXX
Return Status: Pending

...but is missing the "Filed with: TurboTax Deluxe" line, (although it does say that it is a filed Indiana return) 
Is that something to be worried about?  Or just the way the web page was designed?
There were no problems with either return according to TT.  And I paid for both returns and have a receipt for both.  Maybe I'm just a worrier 😉
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

That is nothing to worry about.  The fact that your state return shows "pending" confirms that it was e-filed successfully through TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies