turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have Form 1095-B not 1095-A

Cant enter info from 1095a because I have form 1095b
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You do not need to include Form 1095-B with your federal or state tax return. However, the IRS and the California State Franchise Tax Board recommend that you save it with your tax records in the event you are required to provide it as proof of your health care coverage.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You do not need to include Form 1095-B with your federal or state tax return. However, the IRS and the California State Franchise Tax Board recommend that you save it with your tax records in the event you are required to provide it as proof of your health care coverage.

pray11173
Returning Member

If the form 1095-B is not needed to file taxes then why dose the review pick this as a problem before you can send your taxes electronilly.

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

You may have accidentally clicked a button stating that you had a 1095-A. See if you can delete it.

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

• Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  • In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  • In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  • Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

tb_bryant

Turbotax Software is indicating that I cannot move forward without entering form 1095-A. All that I received is form 1095-B. How do I proceed to finish my tax return?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Return to the 1095-A section and answer NO to the first question.   Only Form 1095-A gets entered on your tax return - and if you don't have one, skip it, only people enrolled in Obamacare get that form.   But return and say NO so you stop getting errors.    Forms 1095-B and C do not get entered - jut keep them with your tax records.   @tb_bryant

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies