Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have filed an extension but still, I am receiving alerts from turbo tax to file my taxes before May 17th. How do I verify extension has been accepted by IRS?

Although I do see in Tubo tax extension has been accepted for federal Tax
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I have filed an extension but still, I am receiving alerts from turbo tax to file my taxes before May 17th. How do I verify extension has been accepted by IRS?

If your extension is showing as accepted in TurboTax, the IRS has accepted it.   You should have an email confirming that as well.   Sometimes, people have multiple TurboTax accounts and those marketing emails will go out to all accounts even if you have filed an extension.    I also filed an extension and have received several of the same emails from TurboTax.  As long as you see the extension has been accepted, there is no need to worry.   But remember, an extension gives you extra time to file.   If you expect to owe tax you need to make a payment by 05/17/21.   See below.  

From the IRS extension page:   You can also get an extension by paying all or part of your estimated income tax due and indicate that the payment is for an extension using Direct Pay, the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), or a credit or debit card.   This way you won’t have to file a separate extension form and you will receive a confirmation number for your records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies