turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

H_Jaw

I have an Etsy discount for the $60 self-employed package. how do I apply it at checkout?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I have an Etsy discount for the $60 self-employed package. how do I apply it at checkout?

To get your partner discount, be sure to always start on the affiliate partner’s website, such as your bank, credit union, insurance company, or other affiliate like Uber or Lyft. Select the TurboTax link from the partner’s website to access your tax return in TurboTax.

Even if you just need to make a small change to your tax return, be sure to start from the affiliate partner’s website and select the TurboTax link. By doing this, the system recognizes the affiliate partner and then applies your discount.

Do not start directly at TurboTax.com, which charges the non-affiliate price.

Just follow these steps:

1. Go to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.
    • This will take you to the special TurboTax-branded affiliate site with the discounted pricing.
  2. Select your TurboTax product, sign in, and start on your tax return. (If you already set up an account at TurboTax, just sign in to work on your return).
  3. When you get to the Review your order screen (in the File section) you'll see the discounted price along with the message, Your discount has been applied.

Note: Our agents are unable to apply or issue refunds for affiliate discounts if the return was prepared at the regular TurboTax.com site.

If Your Affiliate Partner Discount for TurboTax is Not Applied

If you followed the steps above and your affiliate discount has not been applied, try deleting your cookies. Then:

1. Go back to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.
    • This will take you to the special TurboTax-branded affiliate site with the discounted pricing.
  2. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  3. Select Tax Tools on the left, and then Tools.
  4. Now select the My Fees button. It should show the discount.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

To get your partner discount, be sure to always start on the affiliate partner’s website, such as your bank, credit union, insurance company, or other affiliate like Uber or Lyft. Select the TurboTax link from the partner’s website to access your tax return in TurboTax.

Even if you just need to make a small change to your tax return, be sure to start from the affiliate partner’s website and select the TurboTax link. By doing this, the system recognizes the affiliate partner and then applies your discount.

Do not start directly at TurboTax.com, which charges the non-affiliate price.

Just follow these steps:

1. Go to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.
  2. Select your TurboTax product, sign in, and start on your tax return. (If you already set up an account at TurboTax, just sign in to work on your return).
  3. When you get to the Review your order screen (in the File section) you'll see the discounted price along with the message, Your discount has been applied.

Note: Our agents are unable to apply or issue refunds for affiliate discounts if the return was prepared at the regular TurboTax.com site.

If Your Affiliate Partner Discount for TurboTax is Not Applied

If you followed the steps above and your affiliate discount has not been applied, try deleting your cookies. Then:

1. Go back to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.
  2. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  3. Select Tax Tools on the left, and then Tools.
  4. Now select the My Fees button. It should show the discount.
H_Jaw

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies